Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area title=
Photo by Scanner Andrew
36 Comments
Reads 8459

UPDATE: A suspect has been arrested connected to this incident. Read the latest update here.


Update by the Santa Barbara Police Department

On July 30, 2021, around 2:00 pm, multiple community members called the Santa Barbara Police Combined Communications Center to report they heard gunshots and observed a subject with a firearm in the area of Anacapa and East Cota Street.

Multiple Officers flooded the area in response to this call. Santa Barbara Police Detectives responded to investigate further.

At this time, Santa Barbara Police have received no reports of anyone being injured from this incident and the initial cause of the shooting is unknown. No known immediate threat to the public exists currently.

The case is currently under investigation and the Santa Barbara Police Department is asking anyone with information about this incident to contact Detective Davis at 805-897-2355.


By Roger the Scanner Guy

Juvenile with a gun in the 500 block of Anacapa Street, possible shot fireds.

Login to add Comments

36 Comments

Show Comments
Byzantium Jul 30, 2021 05:48 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

Meghan Harmon's district, now facing a contested election against former city administrator Nina Johnson. Voters will have a very substantive choice to make in this downtown district election. Excellent issue just handed to both these ladies - increasing day time street crime..

edney Aug 02, 2021 09:29 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

I know a guy who was asked to run for election in LA, make $1M plus a year at his job
He said "no. I don't need the pay cut. I've got kids ready to go to University, I've got my wife hoping for grandkids from the older ones..."
He says they countered and said "no pay cut. here is how it is done these days,
you set up foundations and non profits that are controlled by your family and/or lawyers. These get funded at an amount of XX, XXX,XXX by donors and spin off salaries higher than what you make today"

He said no, not interested but thanks for the lesson in how its done.

Roger Jul 31, 2021 05:48 AM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

There must be more opportunity to make more money to be elected to Silly council then I thought to give up a career to make less money as an elected official a four year term . It does not make sense to give up a career unless of course someone is becoming a career politician...

a-1627726633 Jul 31, 2021 03:17 AM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

Simply to clarify:
"Nina Johnson, the 25-year Santa Barbara city employee and current senior assistant to the City Administrator, pulled papers Wednesday and is running against Meagan Harmon for the District 6 City Council seat. She said would give up her job, which pays about $140,000 annually, if elected."
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/city_employee_nina_johnson_challenge_meagan_harmon_santa_barbara_council

Byzantium Jul 30, 2021 05:42 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

Basic805: You just asked to eliminate the Prop 13 property tax limitation. Did you know Prop 13 was immediately mitigated when voters passed Prop 98? - Prop 98 guarantees 50% of all state general revenues go directly to public education - off the top, no bargaining necessary. K12 gets 90% of that first cut, community colleges get the remaining 10%.. Do you want to get rid of Prop 98 windfall going directly to K-12 every year, along with Prop 13? Why do you want to eliminate Prop 13? What do you think will happen.

biguglystick Jul 31, 2021 02:10 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

BABYCAKES, In case you haven't been paying attention, progressive politics favors education while the GOP cut funding for it and put Betsy DeVoss in charge. WOW. No one is teaching these kids they are victims. Get a grip.

Roger Jul 30, 2021 05:27 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

I don't know if the homeless have a gang but I suspect if they do they are not driving a Sentra, maybe an R.V...My opinion they are either juvenile gang members or wanna be's. I some gangs in order to join you have to take a life maybe this was one of those..Either way I'm sure the police will get to the bottom of it as there were cameras and they got a pretty good description of the bad guys..

Rypert Johnson Jul 30, 2021 04:46 PM
Santa Barbara Police Respond to Shots Fired in Downtown Area

SACJON, watch it buddy, you're walking my side of the street man! Actually, it wasn't homeless or "houseless neighbors" in this case, but remember that "houseless neighbor" a few weeks ago packing some heat by the Wharf?

Please Login or Register to comment on this.