Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

Source: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office

A Goleta woman has been arrested for a domestic violence incident that included a stabbing. On Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at approximately 1:35 p.m., deputies responded with fire and medics to a residence in the 100-block of Magnolia Avenue for a reported stabbing. When deputies arrived, they found a male victim with a stab wound to the back and the suspect, 36-year-old Shivani Hernandez of Goleta, inside the residence. The victim was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries.

Deputies learned that the suspect and victim, who are in a dating relationship, were involved in an argument where the suspect stabbed the victim in the back and prevented him from leaving the residence. Deputies arrested Hernandez and booked her at the Main jail for attempted murder (felony), inflicting corporal injury on a cohabitant (felony), and false imprisonment (felony). Hernandez is being held with $1,000,000 bail. The victim is expected to recover from his injuries.

Roger Jul 21, 2021 04:55 PM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

Oh my Gosh a woman stabbed a man in the back I'm so shocked I did say sometimes it's the other way around didn't I? and I was condemned by the Edhat judge and jury but the case was thrown out of court today. I sure hope this poor man recovers...

bicyclist Jul 21, 2021 05:33 PM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

Roger - saw that, was going to respond , but saw the HUGE downward spiral it created, so silence...

a-1626928693 Jul 21, 2021 09:38 PM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

This is not the same thing. A woman was murdered and her body was dumped off the side of the road and you made a sexist comment about it. Other commenters called you on it and explained how women are attacked, harassed, and killed by men at a FAR GREATER RATE and you got pissed and freaked out, per usual. Stop making yourself the victim.

Roger Jul 23, 2021 11:17 AM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

Of course it is not the same thing to you if the tables were turned and it was a mans body found you would not have commented at all..

Roger Jul 21, 2021 06:47 PM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

The statement I made that day was in answer to another comment I did not explain that because I wanted to see how many people would try and bully me for my comments and that is why I kept going. Some people are just plain nuts.

bicyclist Jul 21, 2021 09:00 PM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

As I’m one Grumpynuts™ category I think you’re being “Generous” with the “Some people…” something greater in emphasis, maybe?

Luvaduck Jul 22, 2021 07:29 AM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

3247--I'm not sure why you directed your comment to me, but since I've no idea what caused the stabbing, I can't comment except to say that it seems that females are getting more involved in criminal activities than they used to be. More tattooed, more crude and loud, too. It's a pity that increased gender equality didn't up the level of civility of males rather than deteriorate that of females. Is that what you wanted me to acknowledge?

sfgac055 Jul 22, 2021 07:51 AM
Goleta Woman Arrested for Stabbing

This comment thread is confusing ... is there a conversation from another story that spilled into here?