By Roger the Scanner Guy

Transient harassing a woman and her children. He followed them from Ortega and State street to Carrillo according to the female the male was threatening her and her children.

PitMix Apr 12, 2021 09:28 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Pretty much always carry pepper spray with me when I am out and about. After the last time a transient starting swinging a pipe at me because he felt I was blocking the sidewalk.

CoastWatch Apr 11, 2021 04:22 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

It's not the Police or lack there of... It's the D.A.'s Office refusing to prosecute cases. Why would a cop bring in a prisoner to County Jail and have the City of Santa Barbara have to pay for the BOOKING FEES to the County, only to be released....?

Eggs Ackley Apr 12, 2021 05:45 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Since you are in-the-know, how about telling us how they think we should solve the problem of being unsafe to walk down the city’s Main Street in broad daylight

sacjon Apr 12, 2021 09:36 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

COAST - so you are actually saying the cops don't arrest homeless people because they "know" they'll be released? That's absurd. You blame the DA, yet it's the police who refuse to bother arresting them. Why would you put the blame any where else? Do you know police officers? Do they tell you this? I do, and they don't.

PitMix Apr 12, 2021 09:26 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Based on what data? I see a bunch of complaints but never any hard data to back it up. What I see is that people are being released but as some point they will be prosecuted and have to pay the piper.

Roger Apr 11, 2021 03:02 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

I never got away with hell raising when I was out there on the streets. I got arrested had to pay fines go to court. I was on probation. Nowadays people get to camp where ever they want they get to have cooking/warming fires they get free shit. I was lucky to get a plate of beans and rice with powdered milk and I had to listen to a sermon for that even I was grateful. Thank God for New House they taught me how to live right They should run the homeless shelter people should work for their room and board..

d8vanilla Apr 11, 2021 12:41 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

The Police should just stage a Police Vehicle on State street, just as a reminder for the bad guys. Maybe, darken the windows a little, so they can't tell if there's a Police Officer inside that staged vehicle.

Babycakes Apr 11, 2021 10:18 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

The mayor's office put out a very strong statement about this important issue. I agree with the mayor when she stated, "..........", and also "........" However, I'm not sure if her plans to "........" and "......." are going to work, but it would be worth a try. For anyone complaining about our Mayor not being transparent, she pretty much summed it up when she say "..........." Completely transparent.

doulie Apr 12, 2021 11:49 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Nostra - I have a very high bar when it comes to having my feelings hurt, your not close.

Review your second sentence at 09:11, Apr 11 re being "snarky or insulting, - [ambassadors] look like out-of-shape slobs."

NostraChumash Apr 11, 2021 09:11 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Now we can see the value in supporting those who have solutions or ideas regarding how to heal our city, as opposed to being snarky or insulting..
As has been pointed-out..yes, gaurdian angels over "ambassadors",
who look like out-of-shape slobs & will get less than no respect.
A "tent-city" by the airport for those who desire help..(about 1/2 of pop.),
etc etc etc...

d8vanilla Apr 11, 2021 08:55 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

I happened to take the NB 101 fwy Garden street exit this morning..... That homeless encampment is getting bigger...... I saw trash right when I exited. Is that area on the "list" to get removed, or do we have to see that disgusting unsightly mess forever.

Luvaduck Apr 11, 2021 08:02 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Grownman harrassing a mom & kids, buncha boys ganging up to beat up a lone one. Ways to prove one's bravery & manhood? Aspiring to be a punk? Arrest them, take them to the dump (where they belong) and have them shovel garbage by hand a few days.

SBLetsGetAlong Apr 11, 2021 07:56 AM

Welcome to LA!
Seriously, when are the people of SB going to kick these elements out.
If the ejected officials don’t do it and the police are over worked it is left up to the people like the old West days.
Is that what we’re coming to, street justice?

Crystalandmaui Apr 11, 2021 07:45 AM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

Yes, it does look ugly now, they went over board with all the outdoor dining, to much.
They need to clean the sidewalks off with a power washer.
It probably would help to see police on either side of the street walking, around making it look safe.
You can’t let the homeless bullies stop you from doing what you want to do.
Let the fix take care of them.

Roger Apr 10, 2021 03:00 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

The thing about city leaders they ALWAYS promise to clean up Santa Barbara then when they get elected it's like they won the lottery.

doulie Apr 10, 2021 05:02 PM
Transient harassing woman and her Children

For myself, Santa Barbara was at it finest during the 50's and 60's. The only drunks seen on State was during Fiesta. Drunks and "hobos" were around lower State; and around the tracks but not seen too much. No big problems, celebrating freely when it was called for, Christmas trees in the middle of State Street, movies for $.10 at the California Theater, the "popcorn man" at the base of Stearns Wharf and cruising through the Blue Onion Drive-In, Valerio @ State Street. Since then it has been in a slow downward decline to where we find ourselves today. Well, time to wake up and look at the mess now being created all around us.