Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide title=
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Santa Barbara County Supervisor Das Williams appeared on The Ellen Show this week to discuss the Montecito mudslide.

He gave talk show host and Montecito resident, Ellen DeGeneres, an update on the recovery efforts in her neighborhood, and what others can do to help those affected by the mudslides.

Williams mentioned donating to the Red Cross to help victims, for young people to enter the academy to be Santa Barbara Sheriff's Deputies, and encouraged visitors to still come to Santa Barbara for their vacations to drive up our local economy and rebuild the community.

Ellen focused on the animals who are in need of care of support. With the help of Cherrios, a $25,000 donation was made to the Santa Barbara Humane Society to provide care for all rescued animals. Additionally, Ellen's staff has started a GoFundMe account to help raise money for victims of the mudslide.

Other local residents celebrities stopped by The Ellen Show to discuss how they were affected by the mudslide, and how they're helping.

Resident and television star Rob Lowe has been known to bring in first responders for dinner at his home during the Thomas Fire, according to his Instagram page.

Lowe took a camera crew from The Ellen Show to talk with first responders while monitoring the scene and progress. Santa Barbara County Fire Captain Dave Zaniboni and State Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson were among the few locals featured.

Oprah Winfrey, possibly Montecito's most well-known resident, FaceTimed with the Ellen Show to describe her experience with the mudslide.

a-1519580019 Jan 19, 2018 08:57 AM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

It's understandable that people may have a difference of opinion with their elected supervisors, but then talk about what policy of Das Williams you disagree with. For Das to be on a TV program educating the country about the disaster that has so tragically affected our whole South Coast is totally appropriate. He is doing his job!!! I don't agree with Das on EVERYTHING, but I think he takes excellent care of the environment and the reason he is re-elected over and over is because a majority of residents appreciate that he does a good job and certainly cares about his constituents. ALL elected officials unfortunetely have to constantly raise money, because of the way our system works. If we could go to publicly funded elections and leave MONEY out of elections, that would help a lot. Candidates would be prohibited from spending more than is allotted to every candidate.

Flicka Jan 19, 2018 08:53 AM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Why is Das getting silly negativity for being on Ellen? Hers is a national show and people all over the country have called us so I guess the flood is national news and people want to know what is going on. My guess is most of the homes lost or damaged in Montecito don't have flood insurance so, yes, they will need assistance from donations. Do people think everyone in Montecito is a billionaire?

rustydad Jan 19, 2018 08:06 AM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Hmm, I didn't hear Das mention why he didn't find it odd that his Sheriff used an evacuation map that was from the Thomas Fire rather than one developed for a catastrophic flood event. Or how many people died because of that major blunder? Oh, well, good political theater for Das as he grovels for higher office.

420722 Jan 18, 2018 11:14 PM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Would Ellen have even mentioned the mudslide if she didn’t live there or would she have had Das on her show to talk about this if she didn’t live there? I wonder about these things. I have mixed feelings about Das and do think coastwatch has a point.

yin yang Jan 18, 2018 06:18 PM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

It upsets me to see donations being solicited for Montecito, with its median income. ============================================================================ But Ellen comparing it to New Orleans helped me accept this. I still feel weird about soliciting donations though. I expect to hear of large donations from Ellen, Oprah and others. I better. I've given, and will give more. I'm retired and have lived here over 50 years. I sat through video of Rob Lowe & Das Williams on Ellen's show. I know enough to direct my donations to agencies and directly to families. I donate to Food Bank, Catholic Charities and Unity Shoppe. ====================================================== How does it feel to you? I look forward to decent conversation.

a-1519580019 Jan 18, 2018 02:23 PM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Are celebrities allowed a special pass to go back into their homes even if it's under mandatory evacuation? Serious question, I'm seeing a lot of posts on celebrities social media of them touring the area and stuff while regular residents can't go back. Is there a specific reason for this?

CoastWatch Jan 18, 2018 11:13 AM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Das is a true political hack, he can't help himself. Whether it's taking money from not just the Chumash, but EVERY tribe in CA to the sum of $108,000 or representing himself on Ellen... He doesn't give a " you know what" about his constituents, (just ask anyone in the SYV)- all he's about is How Das Can Stay In A Political Office (HDCSIAPO)

CoastWatch Jan 18, 2018 09:19 PM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Dear Solvangguy, I could give two shakes if Trump mentions the Montecito Mudslides. My point regarding Das is that he has never had a real job, and he panders to any organization or labor union to solicit funds to continue his political career. Fortunately for Das, the SB Democratic Machine embraces his game. I am not a Trumpster or hardline Party memeber, I just find Das a totally PHONY.

CoastWatch Jan 18, 2018 09:52 PM

CoastWatch Jan 18, 2018 09:52 PM

CoastWatch Jan 18, 2018 09:52 PM

SolvangGuy Jan 18, 2018 03:46 PM
Das Williams Appears on The Ellen Show to Discuss the Montecito Mudslide

Dear Coastwatch. Your political bias seems very evident. Das W has every right and responsibility to appear on multiple media outlets. After all, the disaster occurred in his Supervisorial District. Perhaps you could direct your ire at the Nation’s President who is yet to even comment on this disaster, despite his predilection to twitter comment on a multitude of issues. Let alone even show he cares about California by failing to set foot in the most populous state in the Union since he became President, and advocating increased oil drilling off our Coast and slugging California tax payers in his tax plan.