Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

By an edhat reader

Emergency personnel is responding to an injured hiker on Hot Springs Trail right now. Currently saying the hiker is over a mile up the trail with a broken ankle.

sacjon Feb 22, 2021 04:56 PM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

GETOFF - how was your flawless, perfect hike today? Why do you sit on your butt at a computer giving grief to those who get injured while challenging their bodies in our beautiful outdoors?

a-1614064498 Feb 22, 2021 11:14 PM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

As someone who was injured about 10 miles from the nearest vehicle (decades ago, Havasu Canyon), I can say from experience that accidents happen. Thank goodness for the Havasupai and their pack mules. The trip is still a high point of my life. Hope you get out more!

Ahchooo Feb 23, 2021 12:03 PM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Getoff, you are out of line. Nothing in this report indicates the hiker was an idiot. Go back to bed and try getting up on the other side.

oops Feb 23, 2021 07:37 AM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

ouch - stuff happens without anyone being at fault. not like the hiker was lost or without water etc....

Getoffmylawn Feb 23, 2021 10:11 AM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Sac i don't risk having fire personnel come save me. I don't put myself in situations where something like that could happen. Everyday we hear of injured hiker.

bosco Feb 23, 2021 12:10 PM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Getoff. What a sad life to live where going on a hike is considered "too risky".

Getoffmylawn Feb 23, 2021 10:22 AM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Horse lady i didn't say that.
What i do say are people are idiots for putting themselves at risk.

letmego Feb 23, 2021 10:36 AM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Every time you leave your house, you are at risk. You drive a car? At risk. Walk in your neighborhood? At risk. You could get hit by a car. You could trip on an uneven sidewalk. If you get on your bicycle to go for a ride, you are at risk.

There is literally no way to avoid risk. We aren't talking about someone climbing Everest or K2. This person wasn't trying to snowboard in the backcountry where avalanches were a risk.

I have been injured on a trail (tripped) and had to be carried out. I have also twisted my knee in a fitness class, hurt my shoulder in the swimming pool when someone ran into me, gotten a nasty scrape in the pool when the guy in the next lane was using those paddle things. I've pulled a muscle in my back turning my head to ask a question.

I've hiked thousands of miles with only one injury, so I figure I'm doing pretty good!

horsegirl Feb 23, 2021 11:18 AM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

people are not idiots for going on a popular, maintained, local hiking trail, you lunatic.

LCP112233 Feb 23, 2021 12:50 PM
Injured Hiker on Hot Springs

Life is inherently risky. Take a chance. Who knows, you might have some fun while you are at it.