By an edhat reader

Does anyone know what the status is of mail and packages being delivered to the local areas? Are there any official reports or updates on this?

jsavell Jan 14, 2018 02:52 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

On a related note, what is happening with mail to Summerland and Carpinteria? 101 is closed in both directions with no access. Why isn't 101 traffic to these communities allowed from Ventura?

bfmountain Jan 13, 2018 01:54 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

What about the evacuees? Where is our mail going? Is it possible to pick it up?

Ducky Jan 13, 2018 01:20 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

OP, good question-sorry someone feels the need to shame you to make themselves feel better.

Roger Jan 13, 2018 12:45 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

I have seen packages arrive here at our place via USPS...The past few days.

SBPaul Jan 13, 2018 01:02 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

Amazon actually apologized to me for not having my shipment here on time from the east because it was sent to Ontario (large box or a luggage set)... Arrived next day last Thurs... Had to use air. I was impressed with how they took the issue as their own and resolved it without any unnecessary delay. Beyond my exception.

ladylagomorph Jan 13, 2018 12:40 PM
Status of Mail and Packages?

For you who made remarks that verge on the sarcastic or snide, please remember that there are quite a number of people who receive medications through the mail. I have chronic migraines, and high cholesterol. I've been waiting for my migraine medications (note: plural medications) to arrive. Some people have very serious medical conditions that need medicine that is cheaper through the mail. So asking if our "junk mail" or "Amazon" package has arrived, is rude. Yes, most of us could get the prescription called out to Costco, but that then it causes confusion with the insurance company, and can cost more. In some cases, quite a bit more! Please be empathetic with those who are relying on the Post Office.

mattyboy Jan 13, 2018 11:20 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

I got a FedEx delivery yesterday, so that statement is not correct. Yes, some concerns pale in comparison, but they are still important and people must continue with their lives & livelihood. The ripple effect of Montecito and the 101 being shut down is huge, affecting thousands if not tens of thousands of people. Consider all the service people who work in Montecito, many living paycheck to paycheck, or people who rely on mail & package services for a living (or medication, bills, etc). I'm sure they don't consider those things "meaningless".

Odds Bodkin Jan 13, 2018 10:55 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

"The mail must go through..." The trucks are using the lengthy detour to keep the flow. To do otherwise would allow a HUGE amount to pile up and might tempt someone to pull a "Newman,"

a-1539673019 Jan 13, 2018 10:54 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

Good question. I received an email yesterday from Amazon, telling me my order delivery will be delayed due to recent events. I have been expecting a big check in the mail and it should have arrived days ago. Seems to me some packages and USPS mail might take a while.

a-1539673019 Jan 13, 2018 09:44 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

Geez, there is NOTHING wrong with asking this question. Maybe take your own advice? Everyone could stand to relax a little in these trying times.

Kcottrell Jan 13, 2018 08:54 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

Well, my husband drives a truck for the post office, and his route usually sends him from the hub in Goleta to Oxnard. With the roads closed, the mail is still moving but has to travel through that huge detour, which takes a full day. So I would assume that mail coming from the LA area is going to face a similar situation. It seems like it’s safe to assume a delay of a day or two, but packages and letters are still traveling around. Not an official report- but a little insight.

mattyboy Jan 13, 2018 08:51 AM
Status of Mail and Packages?

Not sure, but I have a first class package coming today after passing through Santa Clarita yesterday, so they're getting around one way or another.