Chick-fil-A Traffic title=

Photos by Josh B.

New traffic signs installed on Upper State Street in Santa Barbara stating, "Illegal to Block Street Waiting for Drive Thru" and "No Stopping on Sidewalk."

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:12 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

dont go near this area today! with the construction they have limited the lane to 1, and its merge is RIGHT AT CHIK-FIL-A. the backup was rediculous at noon. Still tons of people sitting in the street waiting for chik fil a, literally parked right under those new signs. with EMPLOYEES sitting in the parking lot, not saying a damn thing.

Watcher237 Jan 15, 2021 08:04 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Guess this is what success looks like during a mandated pandemic shutdown.

Seabird Jan 14, 2021 10:04 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Letters to the mayor and members of City Council can actually go a long way. Chiming in on Edhat and other forums is great for validation, but if you want to make anything happen, you MUST email the council. Takes just a couple of minutes.

agentsme Jan 14, 2021 09:29 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

I had to go to Rusty's next door one day to drop something off and I had no idea of this traffic issue until I found myself in it. WT!
I was in the middle lane on State and when getting closer to Rusty's tried to go in the right lane and the lane was so tight - no one let me in. Of course the Rusty's driveway was blocked and I was unable to enter the Rusty's lot. (How do their drivers get in and out?) I had to go around the block (because I did not want to be an a$#hole blocking the middle lane with lots of cars behind me and wait for someone to let me through. I went around the block and got in the "ChickFilet" line. It took me a good 7 minutes after that to get to my destined drive way (wait through a few lights). I think that this is SO wrong and surprised it's allowed to happen (as it obviously affects other businesses. Also saw Chick Filet customers park at Rusty's and walk over.... hmmmmm....)

hunkymon Jan 14, 2021 02:27 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Sometimes the employees stand in the street taking orders from backed up traffic. This was before the pandemic.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:14 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

they should also point out that drivers shouldnt part in the street, but they dont.

a-1610660681 Jan 14, 2021 01:44 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Different traffic conflicts but the Starbucks at Turnpike is a nightmare as well, at many times during the day; saw a bicyclist narrowly avoid getting hit since the bike lane is blocked by the drive through line. Insanity.

Sail380 Jan 15, 2021 12:33 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Did you liberal, coffee drinking friend go to any planning meetings to voice there opinion, If they did, good for them. If not, suck it up and become more active in there community

Ahchooo Jan 14, 2021 03:04 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Oh , no. I have a very liberal, Starbucks-drinking friend who lives near the offending Starbucks, and he would love to see that drive-through removed.

PdW Jan 14, 2021 01:56 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Never mind that, nothing to see here. We like their politics (and mocha latte) more than chiks (whatever)!

Jones13 Jan 14, 2021 10:24 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

This will get better once people can eat inside restaurants again.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:15 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

no, but nice try..... this has been an issue before. you guys got to get new lines.....

ZeroHawk Jan 14, 2021 09:54 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Chik Filet again guys? man you people sure do love your fatty fried unhealthy food....and it's illegal to impede traffic and block public access/sidewalks. that's simple. will the city do anything? nope...not until someone is injured or worse. that's the way this place (SB city) operates. Also, since it's not "downtown" the city officials may not care as much since it doesn't impact tourism...just us.

a-1610750865 Jan 15, 2021 02:47 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTARS: no, it's grilled chicken. Big difference.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:42 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

glad I could lighten up your day, it looked like it was needed.

a-1610750322 Jan 15, 2021 02:38 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTARS: bwahahah someone was snarky to Zero and you're rushing to his/her aid? Oh that's just rich!

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:37 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

monk, there are more than nuggies on that menu. im not stupid. just because someone lists the LOWEST caloric content item on the menu, doesnt automatically make me go..... OHHH they are healthy! its still fried chicken.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:35 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

awwww lots of hurt feelings when someone comes in and posts" angrily" to you too. re-read your first post A-1610647796, your response to zerohawk was unneeded and snarky. so you got one in return.

Shmonk Jan 15, 2021 01:52 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTAR - the person literally says grilled nuggets. did you even try to read before spouting off angrily?

a-1610745640 Jan 15, 2021 01:20 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Hey PSTARS how about you read the words that are written. I said "grilled," not fried. Further, healthiest option for "fast food." Not saying it's healthy, but of all the fast food garbage, this is the healthiest. Do you not understand comparative words?

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:16 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

im sorry but did you just try and say that fried chicken is healthy? you, need to waltz your false "CLAIMS" of health food right out of here. fast food is not healthy and never will be.

a-1610647796 Jan 14, 2021 10:09 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

ZEROHAWK actually, it's chicken, so not too fatty, nor necessarily fried. They have the healthiest options for fast food in town. I can get 12 grilled chicken nuggets for 200 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g carbs and 38g protein for a total of 0 Weightwatchers points. No need to waltz in here with your false assumptions about everyone.

sfgac055 Jan 14, 2021 09:50 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

This is also an issue at the drive thru Starbucks at Turnpike/Calle Real.

HOUSER01 Jan 14, 2021 09:17 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Just a few days ago, it took me 8 seconds to put on my blinker, look in my side mirror and change into the center lane. What a huge inconvenience!!!! I was late for somewhere I didn't have to be. I flipped off the entire line of cars to boot. How dare these people inconvenience me just to get there spoiled kids chicken nuggets.

bosco Jan 14, 2021 09:09 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Can someone legitimately explain to me why it's so popular? I ate there once to see what the hype was. The food tastes like every other fast food place. The same crappy quality and high price. It's no different than Jack in the box, McDonalds, etc. I just don't get it. I get the religious/conservative element, but that can't surely be why so many people go there right?

ZeroHawk Jan 14, 2021 09:56 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Bosco i'm with you....it's just fried fat and poor quality processed (overly processed) food. I tried it a few times and think it's nasty. I'll pay a few $ more and get me some Sushi and teriyaki down at the harbor....or even Hana Kitchen. Way healthier alternative...

SBZZ Jan 14, 2021 08:59 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Are they legitimate signs installed by SB City? If not, maybe that is why there is no enforcement by the police.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:18 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

both of you are false, those are city signs.

a-1610648035 Jan 14, 2021 10:13 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

These do not appear to be city signs. City parking signs contain their identity. If these are put up by the restaurant they are illegal as hell. But no one can complain about getting a ticket for blocking traffic since that does not require posting to be enforced.

Ahlia Jan 14, 2021 08:10 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

I've lived in this neighborhood for more than 30 years. The city 'continues' to approve big developments in this already very congested area where there are "no alternative access streets !" in the same block that Jack-In- Box and the car wash also have drive-thrus. There are frequent street repairs, tree maintenance and delivery trucks that park in the street (w/their diesel engine fumes running :-( ) while they unload. At the other end of Hitchcock large semis park in the middle of the street to unload vehicles. Chik-fil-A is the straw that breaks the back of this traffic problem and turns it into a log jam nightmare. You are wise to avoid using this part of town if you don't "have to" like I do :-(

running_mike Jan 14, 2021 08:08 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

These signs have been there for quite a while now.

SBWalkers Jan 14, 2021 07:22 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

There is the same problem on Haley in the driveway into the 99cent store parking lot. Signs clearly say to not stop in street or block sidewalk... no workie, people continue to block both. The really annoying issue is right across the street is the city parking lot. If people weren't soooo freakin lazy they could park there and walk the short block to the store. Lazy arses...

mesoknitty Jan 14, 2021 06:54 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

um, l live nearby. That sign is not new.

sbmh2015 Jan 13, 2021 10:21 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Until Santa Barbara decides to enforce the messages on these signs, these are useless. No smoking signs around town. No enforcement. People don't abide. No riding bikes in shoreline park. No enforcement. People do it every day. Wear your mask. No enforcement. Cases skyrocketing. This is the fault of the City of Santa Barbara. Solely on them

pstarSR Jan 14, 2021 08:10 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

let me help a bit from experience. Skate boarding is a crime on state street, do they enforce it? yes/ no, in order to actually get cited for an infraction you have to be advised that it is illegal ( hence signs on state street saying skateboarding on is prohibited). no smoking in public, and this no stopping in the street sign, GIVES the police EVERY RIGHT to cite you. if the sign wasnt there, people would say " I didnt know I couldnt do that....." so.... using our brain a bit, we can see why signs are posted. otherwise, every jackass blocking this street could argue out of the ticket.

winter Jan 13, 2021 10:20 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

I think it is the problem of the owners...
Nothing against the food chain but they should have known they would have had an In and Out type of following. They have the space, and are organized...
Also, I have heard for a long time now that the Old Outback, and the closed Dennys, on Calle Real have had trouble leasing to a big name...Applebee's, TGIF, Cracker Barrel, etc...
They send teams out...and not enough parking in both locations...don't know if that's true...but it makes sense to scope out traffic flow, parking, etc...

d8vanilla Jan 13, 2021 09:49 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

I've been stuck behind that line, and with traffic in the other lane, kept me from moving over. The first time I got stuck, I didn't know what was going on, stayed in that lane, till I got closer...... NOW, I avoid that lane when I'm driving in that area,.

Shasta Guy Jan 13, 2021 09:45 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

It must be pretty tasty food for people to line up for it like that!

Ahchooo Jan 14, 2021 08:38 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

There’s no accounting for taste. I ate there once and won’t go back.

JustAguy Jan 13, 2021 09:18 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

All politics and public safety aside, they make a damn fine chicken sandwich.

pstarSR Jan 14, 2021 08:14 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

says the guy who posted about it, on the actual post.

S.B.Dutchman Jan 13, 2021 08:17 PM

@D8
The first car blocking the sidewalk and the car behind that blocking the traffic lane get cited.
The cars behind are then free to continue on their way.
If the next choose to block traffic and wait in the lane a cite is issued, and so on.
Simple enough, stop on the sidewalk or in the traffic lane get a citation or keep moving.
soon enough

OR Imagine this, get out of your car and get your order, then be on your way......

Getoffmylawn Jan 13, 2021 07:46 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

People are dumb and you can't fix it. Avoid that area during lunch hour.

d8vanilla Jan 13, 2021 07:30 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

And, what about the drivers that get stuck in that line, even though they are NOT getting any food there?? They might get a ticket also, unless there's a stipulation with the law.... Then, the rest of them that are actually waiting in line to get food, could just say they got stuck in the line and are not getting food... !!!!

a-1610597063 Jan 13, 2021 08:04 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

The one stopped at the driveway entrance can be ticketed. The ones behind will see that and pretend they weren’t coming in to Chick and keep going, but that’s okay. They’ll get the message. And if the cops go there often enough, it will happen again and again until word gets out: keep driving!

Always_Running Jan 13, 2021 07:28 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

A massive COVID outbreak and they close for two and a half weeks. On day one/two everyone craving the food again or hoping the employees have immunity and won’t serve infected food.

BDM 1868 Jan 13, 2021 07:09 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Can't we all just get along! Rodney King.

forrealnews Jan 13, 2021 06:32 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Oh weird...after a year of Covid, it's so surprising that people don't follow rules unless they are enforced.

Pages