Dog of the Week: Judy

Source: Spark Rescue

Judy is a very sweet 1-year-old terrier Havanese (best guess) after having 6 puppies this sweet momma is ready to find a home of her own! Judy is housebroken, crate trained, leash trained too! If you are looking for a sweet young low shedding dog who is great with other dogs please consider adopting Judy! Thank you! Adoption $560.00

Learn more at https://www.sparkrescue.org/available-dogs-cats

a-1603657226 Oct 25, 2020 01:20 PM
Dog of the Week: Judy

EdHat advertising a $560 dog as a "rescue" ?

yacht rocked Oct 25, 2020 01:56 PM
Dog of the Week: Judy

For $560, Judy should be fluent in Castilian Spanish AND Haitian Creole.

3P14159 Oct 25, 2020 05:34 PM
Dog of the Week: Judy

Judy probably speaks the language we all should know but do not - how to bring out the best in human nature.

I am sure she will be adopted by someone who will love her.

ChemicalSuperFreak Oct 25, 2020 02:51 PM
Dog of the Week: Judy

$560 for an adoption? This must be one very successful "all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit charity" considering all of their "dogs (and kittens) live in foster homes until adopted" as they "have no physical shelter." By contrast, the Humane Society of Santa Barbara has a large physical location, with a clinic and employees, but would only ask $125 to adopt the exact same dog.

REX OF SB Oct 25, 2020 04:22 PM
Dog of the Week: Judy

I never thought I'd see the day when a "rescue" dog cost more than my first car. If I were going to shell out more than $500 for a dog, I think I'd just go to a breeder.

PitMix Oct 26, 2020 07:17 AM
Dog of the Week: Judy

In all fairness, this rescue has figured out a number that will allow them to keep helping other dogs with medical care and food as they are rescued from LA Kill shelters. They don't hold any other fundraisers that I know of, and maybe don't have any rich donors that subsidize their operations like DAWG and K9PALs. By calling it a donation you can deduct it off of your taxes so maybe can save 1/3 that way if you itemize. But the other posters are right, they have priced themselves out of the rescue market because the next highest "donation" amount I have seen is $350.

JroseMesa Oct 26, 2020 07:22 AM
Dog of the Week: Judy

It costs a lot to help sick dogs, spay and neutering, dental issues, etc. That’s a donation to a good cause, all it takes is a sick dog to come in a use up a lot of funds all at once.