By Roger the Scanner Guy

Be on the lookout for subjects harassing others who are dropping off their ballots.

a-1603003076 Oct 17, 2020 11:37 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Funny how folks jump to conclusions. The only protesters I could find out about today, in SM and SB, were a group of women urging people to vote and protesting against the Trump administration, the perceived threat to Roe v Wade and SCOTUS appointment. From the news on KEYT it didn't appear that they were harassing anyone.

biguglystick Oct 19, 2020 01:26 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

"Perceived" threat? Uhhh, it's a REAL threat to Roe v. Wade, and we WON'T STAND FOR IT. We will NEVER go back to the dark days before Roe. So sick of having to fight for basic reproductive healthcare. UGhhhhhhh. It's 2020 and even Ireland, the most religious of Western countries, has legalized abortion, yet here we are in Puritanical hell.

a-1603139467 Oct 19, 2020 01:31 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

11:37 - Interesting you talk of "jumping to conclusions," as you yourself say the only "protesters" you heard about were these women, yet you imply they were the subject of this alert. Got news for ya - could have been someone else.

fitz Oct 18, 2020 07:43 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Our Next Door site has some guy who is spreading false info about not receiving his ballot. I think the Trumpsters are just trying to stir the pot. There were dozens of people in the thread commenting on how the voting process for them had gone very smoothly. I think planting comments like this will be a strategy to rile voters. Please be informed and ignore these trolls.

PitMix Oct 19, 2020 11:39 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

At least on NextDoor you can report trolls to the moderators and then disable their comments so you don't have to see them again. It works pretty well.

a-1603132977 Oct 19, 2020 11:42 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

@Pit, I generally agree with most of what you say. And I'm just as frustrated with the extreme right wing community members that live in this town. But, just because I disagree with them doesn't make them all trolls. A couple, ya probably, but the majority just have different views. With that said, I'm continuously shocked by how right wing a lot of our locals truly are.

PitMix Oct 20, 2020 07:24 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Not all trolls here, but a surprising number of them are. I still only hear them criticize without any solutions that will help the 99% of us and not just the 1%. Anyone who starts off a post with "You ignorant fool" should lose their posting privileges.

Byzantium Oct 18, 2020 09:14 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Harassing voters to block them from depositing their ballot. Or panhandling or protesting in a high traffic public space. Initial report was too vague to tell, but interesting knee-jerk reactions on full display as expected. Thanks for sharing, everyone.

ChillinGrillin Oct 18, 2020 09:06 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Everybody knows any problems in SB with voting are caused by Trumpers with nothing better to do with their Saturday than be fascist goons. Byzantium, your comments are trash as always.

buckwheat Oct 18, 2020 04:39 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Take some pepper spray or a cattle prod with you when you deliver your ballot to the box!

helena Oct 18, 2020 05:09 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Just a data point here: dropped off my VBM ballot at the post office--signed & dated & no postage necessary--and thanks to BallotTrax.com I already know it was received and will be counted. Couldn't have been easier. Thank you, Santa Barbara County Elections Division and USPS!

Ahchooo Oct 18, 2020 06:36 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

I’m trying to decide whether to drop my ballot at the main post office or the admin building. Maybe I’ll go with the PO—not likely to have protestors there, are we?

biguglystick Oct 19, 2020 01:30 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

Dropped off my ballot, YES, I voted for Biden/Harris and I'm proud of it. No problems, thank you Santa Barbara County Elections Division for making it easy.

dukemunson Oct 19, 2020 07:21 PM
Subjects Harassing Voters

How can anyone be proud of voting for either party in this election. It’s a truly dumb situation we find ourselves in That these are our two options. I can obviously see and understand voting for Biden, but being proud of it? That truly inconceivable to me...

PitMix Oct 20, 2020 07:21 AM
Subjects Harassing Voters

A man who has served his country for decades, with sons in the military? Who loves his family and will listen to scientists? If you are not proud of this candidate, even if you disagree with his policies, then there is something wrong with you. Not even Melania is proud of the Donald.

Pages