Phone Service for iPhone

Reads 1951

By an edhat reader

I recently bought an old Apple 6 Phone does anyone know where I can purchase phone service for it and pay by a check. I'm pretty much Old School I don't purchase items any other way..Thanks.

shorebird Sep 30, 2020 10:39 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

If you fail to find a company that fit’s this description you can consider a pre-paid credit card. You put money on the card and then use it to pay. Or you can use a debit card that links to your checking account.

a-1601488620 Sep 30, 2020 10:57 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

I don't think this exists. You can use a debit card though. All checking accounts offer a debit card.

catwrangler Sep 30, 2020 11:08 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

Great Call. I don't know if you can use it for an iPhone but I set up cell service on it and you can pay monthly by check.

horsegirl Sep 30, 2020 11:39 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

According to the AT&T website ( https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1009340/ ) and the Verizon website ( https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/how-to ), you can pay with check by mail or pay by check in their store. I would just go in and talk to one of the companies in their store and pick which one suits your needs/budget the best!

Andrea Smith Sep 30, 2020 11:40 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

Not sure I understand your concern. AT&T is my cell provider. While I do everything online, you don't have to. There is an AT&T store near La Cumbre shopping center - on La Cumbre road, and if you want to pay in person by check you can, and I'm pretty sure you can opt for paper bills and send payment via check.

APHRODITE Sep 30, 2020 12:03 PM
Phone Service for iPhone

Consumer Cellular takes checks. I pay via my credit union's BillPayer feature and they send Consumer Cellular a check.

Thomas John Sep 30, 2020 01:01 PM
Phone Service for iPhone

Apple has already confirmed which iPhones it will provide updates to in 2020 – and those it won't. Among those no longer supported is the iPhone 6, which hit shelves in 2015. In fact, every iPhone model older than the 6 is now "obsolete" in terms of software updates.

shorebird Oct 01, 2020 08:52 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

Correct. Also note that software updates include the newest security patches.

A phone that cannot update is a higher security risk than a phone that can be updated.

paglinsb Oct 01, 2020 09:37 AM
Phone Service for iPhone

I use Verizon. I like a paper trail too. Signed up when I bought my iPhone at the Verizon store on upper State St. (next to El Pollo Loco)