Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy

Climber rescue near 2981 Cliff Drive, he climbed up but cannot "get down."

Roger Sep 24, 2020 08:53 AM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

It was not a he, it was a she 10 feet up a tree 2 engines responded and truck one was on the way...

Roger Sep 24, 2020 08:56 AM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

But she was saved before they got there. I wonder if I was stuck 10 feet up a tree if someone would rescue me?

Yeti Sep 24, 2020 08:59 AM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

Roger, IF you are a good looking female, you can get almost anything that you want , when you want it.

3P14159 Sep 24, 2020 12:16 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

having grown up with three brothers who were endlessly scaling the cottonwoods in our Texas creek, i can sympathize with this person who got stuck. my brothers used to leave me behind, many times much higher then 10 feet. i did learn how to climb trees and somehow managed to get down. it was a metaphor for life. yee-haw

Basicinfo805 Sep 24, 2020 01:21 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

Wow, ever heard of personal responsibility, girl? That's a great way for women to get more respect - getting rescued from a tree by a squadron of firefighters. Next time just please climb down and wipeout if you must.

Basicinfo805 Sep 24, 2020 02:45 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

I feel the exact same way about guys. See recent articles on paraglider and various hikers having to be carried out by search and rescue, helicopters, etc, and other various taxpayer funded resources. And I'd like to see women have completely equal rights. Period. So my point is that she's undermining that effort, when the public sees stuff like this and reads about "woman rescued from tree 10' up", essentially. I'd have responded similarly if it had been a guy. Thank you.

letmego Sep 24, 2020 03:46 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

You know accidents happen though sometimes, right? It's hard to tell from your comments. I fell on a trail once and had to be carried out. It wasn't a hot day. I wasn't being irresponsible. Just...oops.

a-1600988061 Sep 24, 2020 03:54 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

How do you climb a tree "by accident"? Start with the activity - routine risk (walking) or extreme risk (climbing a tree). Then use a sliding scale when determining fault or negligence after an "accident" happens.

a-1600989783 Sep 24, 2020 04:23 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

Yo BASIC, what young woman wouldn't do to become the centre of concern for a squadron of hunky, beefy firemen? C'mon dude, I mean... duh!!

letmego Sep 24, 2020 05:36 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

As long as we make a distinction between people doing risky things, and people doing normal things like hiking on a cool fall day and having an accident... And yeah, the firemen (and woman) who carried me out were very nice.

Roger Sep 24, 2020 02:09 PM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

It was a woman stuck up in a tree. If it was a goose then it would be about a goose stuck up in a tree but it was about a woman because a woman was stuck up in a tree.

Shame Sep 25, 2020 07:15 AM
Climber Rescued on Cliff Drive

I’m just thankful they got her down and she was ok. Why does everyone always make a big deal out of nothing. With all the horrible things going on in our world let’s try not to nit pick everything.