Reads 1998

By an edhat reader

I'm looking for a recommendation for a company that installs granite and stone in Santa Barbara.

Ant lion Sep 20, 2020 11:08 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Stoneyard Building Materials in Santa Barbara. Very knowledgable about stone types and characteristics, and good prices.

a-1600626696 Sep 20, 2020 11:31 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

I'm looking for the same thing. Does anyone have a preference between granite and quartz?

mp805 Sep 20, 2020 12:02 PM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Had great luck with Ventura Stone. Mick and his staff are very knowledgeable and their installer does flawless work

Roundstar Sep 21, 2020 08:13 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

We also had a great experience with ventura stone. Mick was able to get us stone for les than the silestone product.

chava51 Sep 21, 2020 08:19 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Alex's Tile Works, Alex Bonderenko, listens to your ideas then transforms them into even more than you imagined!  He's a master of his trade, reliable, fairly priced and wonderful to work with.

chava51 Sep 21, 2020 05:53 PM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Momentary lapse! LEO Bonderenko! He tiled my bathroom, cut and installed my kitchen countertop (granite) and laid my floors. Could not have been happier!

clawmarks Sep 21, 2020 08:36 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Forte Stone in Hollister across from the airport has an amazing selection of stone and the fabricator they recommended (Andres Santos) did a beautiful job installing it. We put in a counter of quartzite that looks like giant gemstones and there was a nice remnant piece large enough to make a matching folding station in the laundry room which he did at no extra charge. Highly recommend!

Rita55 Sep 21, 2020 09:10 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Highly recommend Solid Rock downtown. Family owned business. They did a quartz countertop for a recent master bath renovation. Every aspect was excellent. Will definitely do business with them again.

greytfull Sep 21, 2020 09:30 AM

A-1600626696:
I'm a designer, and we switched from granite to quartz years ago. Quartz doesn't stain, easy to maintain,
doesn't need to be sealed, and doesn't tear up the environment. For me, the range of colors is so much better, and it will always look timeless. It won't date your project the way granite does.

BillW Sep 21, 2020 11:18 AM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Solid Rock downtown did excellent and quick work for me on two bathroom counters an a large kitchen counter. I too chose quartz for stain resistance and beauty. You choose the pattern; they measure your place, then fabricate and install the counters.

SBTownie Sep 21, 2020 12:24 PM
Granite and Stone Referral?

I second all those recommending Solid Rock. We redid a kitchen, bath, and laundry with them. I chose marble because I'm a stone purist, but quartz is probably your best bet. The entire Solid Rock team were professional, helpful, always on time, and I am absolutely over the moon with the finished product. The owner even worked with me to troubleshoot one design aspect that had been baffling me and he came up with a great idea that we ended up implementing. A+

Kuchen Sep 21, 2020 05:03 PM
Granite and Stone Referral?

Quartzite is the hardest granite. We used Pyramid . They are at 208 N. Nopal Street in Santa Barbara. 8050962-8425. If the blades are not new and perfectly sharp, you can end up with straight cuts, but chipped edged. These guys specialize in quartzite fabrication and installation. They do excellent edge detail work and customized features that many installers don't do. highly recommend them. Arrived on time. Pieces were precisioned cut and seams were well thought out and virtually invisible. They completed the install promptly and left the place clean