Internet Issues?

By an edhat reader

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the internet tonight? I'm assuming it's due to the Fire but I can't be sure. I use Cox Communications wifi.

a-1513205265 Dec 07, 2017 10:14 AM
Internet Issues?

Not last night but certainly the prior couple of days when the power outages were popping up. When the power is unstable so is the internet and landline service. Ironically cable is a bit more robust and only goes out with the power and isn't as finicky coming back on.

a-1513205265 Dec 07, 2017 10:07 AM
Internet Issues?

Cox in Goleta was super slow last night. All my devices were connected, but couldn't even get Netflix or Hulu to start streaming. Turned everything off and on again a few times but no dice. Scary how much a fire 20 miles away (from where I am) is affecting our systems so much!

GeneralTree Dec 07, 2017 09:58 AM
Internet Issues?

Accessing edhat remains challenging during any low level emergency such as a jay walking incident or a pretty sunset. More than 6 simultaneous viewers and everything goes to hell

pstarSR Dec 07, 2017 09:03 AM
Internet Issues?

yes, I have. the internet works on electricity, with the power outages you will have systems failing all over. from your modem and router in your house, to substations and hubs around town. dont be surprised if you have slow speed for days after also, so basically. its normal to experience some service issues during the fire

benround Dec 07, 2017 08:56 AM
Internet Issues?

Not having issues with internet in general, but Edhat site has been very slow for several days - maybe extra traffic checking on fire news?

shorebird Dec 06, 2017 10:41 PM
Internet Issues?

What kind of problem are you having? No service, or slow service? If it’s only slow you can go to Cox.com, sign in and check your download speed and report a problem there. I was having trouble yesterday. Turning off my modem and router for a few minutes and then restarting them got everything working again.

John Swepston Dec 06, 2017 10:27 PM