Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

2 Bicyclists hit a pedestrian on De La Vina, reported injury involved.

REX OF SB Nov 25, 2017 11:02 AM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Re: the bicycle insurance issue: years ago when I used to commute downtown daily on my bike, I was able to insure my bike on my auto policy. The cost was minuscule. BUT—because I was no longer using my car to commute most days, I was able to knock around 100 bucks off my annual insurance premium. The other advantage was that I had complete liability and property damage coverage on my bike, if I were to cause an accident. People who own cars but regularly commute by bike should talk to their issuance agents about this little-known money saving plan.

Roger Nov 24, 2017 05:48 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Will I'd like to tell you the whole story but that was all I heard I did hear the victim was inside the lobby of the Upham hotel which led me to wonder if he was hit in the lobby by the bicyclists or did it happen on the street? That was all I heard.

420722 Nov 24, 2017 05:41 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

I wish there was more to this story like how did two bicyclists hit the same person. We’re the the bikes on the sidewalk or was this in the street? Was it on purpose? Just asking not speculating..

Roger Nov 24, 2017 05:18 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

I have no idea about Insurance today as I was walking up Milpas street there was a bicyclist directly behind me riding my bumper and I almost hit the brakes.

Garth Nov 24, 2017 11:28 AM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

How are liability issues handled when bike riders hit pedestrians? Is there any insurance coverage available?

a-1513505540 Nov 24, 2017 04:42 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

If the bicycle Rider or Riders have homeowners or renters insurance then that should extend liability to them while they're riding their bike and if they crash into a pedestrian. Hopefully they have some kind of insurance or they are under age and their parents have homeowners insurance

a-1513505540 Nov 23, 2017 09:53 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Bicyclists believe they own the world and show zero respect for pedestrians. They will , shamelessly, insult you if you don't jump out of their way when they decide to speed through wherever they are. I'm surprised there are not more such "incidents" .

a-1513505540 Nov 24, 2017 09:56 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Four people downvoted that comment? EdHate is a wasteland and its "community moderation" is worse than useless.

a-1513505540 Nov 24, 2017 09:54 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Sure, because no one operating any other kind of vehicle has ever hit a pedestrian. Maybe people just insult you because you're so deserving of it.

a-1513505540 Nov 23, 2017 11:00 PM
Bicyclists Injure a Pedestrian

Blanket statements about ANY group of people as a whole are in poor taste