Assault Over a Mask

Assault investigation between family members over wearing a mask on the Westside.

jak May 27, 2020 10:35 AM
Assault Over a Mask

I think my wife and I should consider going into business selling... MAGA masks. In red, of course.

mtndriver May 27, 2020 08:07 AM
Assault Over a Mask

Black Plague killed 1/3-2/3 of the population of Europe. And life expectancy at the time was a little over 30 years. And now there is a vaccine for plague. Also antibiotics to treat it, which unfortunately we’re not available in the 14th century.

a-1590591481 May 27, 2020 07:58 AM
Assault Over a Mask

Unfortunately, our President of the United States has fanned the political flames and has made wearing a mask about your political stance. Since he won't wear one his followers won't either. But they fail to register that he is carefully monitored and tested.

LCP112233 May 27, 2020 01:39 PM
Assault Over a Mask

I just got back from Home Depot. I consider 6 feet apart in line "close contact". I also consider being in a store and trying to keep distance from people close contact as well. I don't need a lecture from you.

a-1590607075 May 27, 2020 12:17 PM
Assault Over a Mask

LCP why are you in "close contact" with people? You are supposed to be maintaining 6 feet. It's also about protecting others not just yourself. Anyway no idea how you can be a "follower" if you believe a mask is important. I am not emotionally invested in Trump and have remained open minded, some things I like others not but on this issue, he really jumped the shark and while I cannot stand Biden, Trump needs to go. He's putting everyone at risk and saying irresponsible things.

Alexblue May 27, 2020 11:03 AM

233, greetings follower.

Surely you are aware that Trump is choosing to politicize the choice to wear a mask. Surely you have seen the reports and videos of people who have said "If President Trump doesn't wear one, I'm not going to" and "If President Trump isn't worried about it then I'm not worried about it."

Surely you're aware of those things. And yet you were a mask.

Disconnect much?

LCP112233 May 27, 2020 10:18 AM
Assault Over a Mask

Um. I am a "follower" and I wear a mask when I am in close contact with people. I also wear gloves when shopping and getting gas, tossing them before entering the car. I know a lot of "follwer's" that do the same thing in order to avoid contacting this contagion.

SBLetsGetAlong May 27, 2020 07:30 AM
Assault Over a Mask

What happened to lock down for 4-6 weeks, incubation period is 14 days.
Then allow people to be exposed so we get herd immunity?
After all Coronaviruses have been around for centuries and occur every couple years.
Vaccine? Perhaps, perhaps not. 2009 Seinr flu, no vaccine was ever able to be produced. And where is Swine Flu now?

Spanish Plague, Black Plague all disappeared after herd immunity.

For hundreds, thousands of years this is what works.

But the “scientists” now know how to “cure” this coronavirus? Apparently there’s new technology, but we’re still waiting locked up inside.
How long do we wait locked up? Human trials, a year or two? And when the next round of Coronaviruses hit, are we all going to crawl into our basements again for an indefinite amount of time?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m so happy the grocery store is finally cleaning the touch pads and aisles. It’s about time stores & businesses exhibit good hygiene especially since this is where we get our food from.
Apparently, it’s important to wash your hands thoroughly even after using the toilet.
Hers a concept, maintain the good hygiene we apparently just learned about in the last two months.

Mesarats May 27, 2020 07:04 AM
Assault Over a Mask

Yesterday I was at downtown Bank of America and there was a very big, loud, unmasked and angry man going off on the door guys, one of those in your face types. I didn’t stay for the finale.

Luvaduck May 27, 2020 08:15 AM
Assault Over a Mask

That seems to be the type: Loud, angry and not wearing a mask or distancing TO PROTECT OTHERS. Anyone know what the percentage of sociopaths is in our country?

a-1590547665 May 26, 2020 07:47 PM
Assault Over a Mask

It’s astonishing how foolish people are.

a-1590545969 May 26, 2020 07:19 PM
Assault Over a Mask

Why is wearing a mask so contentious? It's literally one of the easiest and least intrusive ways to slow the spread of the virus and protect others if you have it. It'a piece of fabric on a string, what's the issue?

Alexblue May 27, 2020 12:44 PM
Assault Over a Mask

because "freedom", which in this country used to be understood as a prize that required sacrifice and personal responsibility, but now is translated by the MAGAbillies as "FU, Ima do what I wanna do."

a-1590606966 May 27, 2020 12:16 PM
Assault Over a Mask

It is an issue b/c people's egos are out of control. Fanned by Trump. They think "no one is going to tell me to wear a mask" [even though stores require shirts and shoes] or, they are vain and think it makes them look funny. IE they are selfish and petty and cannot for once consider anyone other than themselves.

a-1590603706 May 27, 2020 11:21 AM
Assault Over a Mask

9:39 - Yes, I have been watching, but my question remains: Why is it such an issue?

a-1590597558 May 27, 2020 09:39 AM
Assault Over a Mask

@7:19, Have you been watching national news at all? Re. to wear, or not to wear, a mask. Now it's a sign of weakness (vs insecurity). It's Trump.