By an edhat reader

I was at Home Depot last night and a delivery person was not wearing a mask. Several employees were walking around with either their masks pulled down below their noses and/or off completely, as well as several customers without masks. At Whole Foods there was an employee stocking shelves with the mask below their nose. No one said or did anything. Is there anything that can be done about this or do we just avoid patronizing these businesses for now?

420722 May 25, 2020 11:19 AM
Mask Noncompliance

Stay home order online. I sympathize for workers having to wear mask for 8 hours+. Can’t wait to take these damn things off.

420722 May 25, 2020 04:17 PM
Mask Noncompliance

Thanks 3:28 I absolutely wear one in stores that require them because duh, I would get kicked out and I need groceries, clothes etc. I don’t wear it outdoors though. I like fresh air, not hot recycled air.

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 03:28 PM
Mask Noncompliance

@ 12:45 - 420722 Never said they weren’t complying, they stated they couldn’t wait to get these things off and sympathized with those having to wear them 8 hrs a day. That would seem to mean they are wearing one but dislike it. You seem to be a little touchy about someone’s opinion. Do you enjoy wearing a mask? I certainly don’t but I wear one when I go out, which is not much because I hate wearing it. I too can’t wait to get these things off. And there is no way I’m wearing it if I’m walking on the pier or in a parking lot.

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 12:47 PM
Mask Noncompliance

420722 if they bug you so much then maybe you should be the one staying home and ordering online. I am fine with wearing one.

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 12:45 PM
Mask Noncompliance

420722 if you don't want to comply and wear a mask for the good of everyone around you then YOU stay home and order online.

Seabird May 25, 2020 10:59 AM
Mask Noncompliance

In terms of the general public, the mandatory mask order goes into effect at 5pm tomorrow (Tuesday). Even without it, there is absolutely nothing you can do about another customer wearing a mask or not. Wear your own and walk down a different aisle if you feel frightened. In terms of employees not wearing masks, I would call and speak to a manager directly about your concerns.

JayKay May 25, 2020 01:02 PM
Mask Noncompliance

good luck ever actually enforcing that. I actually DO fall under the exemption, but thanks for assuming, buddy.

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 12:57 PM
Mask Noncompliance

JAYKAY these exceptions are very very narrow and most would not fall into them. YOu have to wear a mask.

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 12:57 PM

JayKay May 25, 2020 12:16 PM
Mask Noncompliance

maybe you should read the actual Health Order. It clearly contains lines about Exemptions for not wearing. I'm actually rather disappointed in the city for taking so long to include those lines in their mask policies. This is the first Public Health Order from SB which has contained them - https://countyofsb.org/uploadedFiles/phd/PROGRAMS/Disease_Control/Corona/Health%20Officer%20Order%202020-10.pdf

sbmh2015 May 25, 2020 11:29 AM
Mask Noncompliance

It's a new County wide rule. City rule has been in place for weeks

a-1594520009 May 25, 2020 11:05 AM
Mask Noncompliance

As far as I know SB's mandatory mask order has been in effect for at least a week now, and Goleta followed suit recently. Where are you getting this at information? Every store I've gone to including Home Depot and Whole Foods has clear signs saying masks required to enter.

Pages