How Are You Social Distancing? title=

By edhat staff

While we're all sheltering in place and keeping 6-feet apart due to the coronavirus pandemic, some locals are having fun with the idea. Below is a compilation of photos sent in documenting the unprecedented times we're currently experiencing.

Send in your photos to be added below to [email protected]

By an edhat reader

Social distancing at More Mesa

By James

Equine social distancing

By Whitney

How my niece is social distancing

By Steve

Social Distancing in Santa Barbara

By JoeSixPack

EdHat friends,

JoeSixPack here, I’m social distancing and I wanted to share a report from the hinterlands. Things here are fine, if quite remote… I am more socially distant than 99% of the people in the world out here in my mountain cabin.

My little house sits on a bluff about 80 feet over the Santa Ynez River, nestled in a cluster of oak trees. It has warmed up enough to leave my bedroom window open at night and listen to the river. It has been running since the rains and the frogs are going off all night in the creek bed below. In the mornings I have a whole series of birds come through. The blue herons have returned to their same annual sycamore tree to have their babies. They will be here until August. The turkeys roost in their oak tree every night and every morning at sunrise they come swooping in to land in front of my deck. It’s also mating season for them so they have some very interesting rituals they go through. The buzzards have their own sycamore tree and they just hang out high in the top watching over everything until morning, then they ride thru the river valley on the thermal air when the sun warms things up - looking for something freshly dead. Otherwise, I have a bird feeder outside my bedroom window for all of the little birds that migrate through. I had to discourage the woodpeckers and blue jays. They bully the little birds and are too disruptive.

My daily walk through my favorite trails always has squirrels and raccoons, lots more birds and sometimes deer. Then it’s back to work on my house. I have a backlog of 10 years of deferred projects that I have been working on - hardwood floors are almost complete. I plan to re-build the entry porch after that. Lots more to come...

As you can see, I’ve also got plenty of time for writing… I hope things are well with all of you and you family.  Keep in touch with those you care about...

By Mjbizwiz

Took a walk by my house and saw this in the creek bed. Let’s not lose our sense of civility as important as humor.

By an edhat reader

This was More Mesa on Saturday. People on the trail were making a social distancing effort.

By HappyCamper

"I'm so tired of social distancing!" says Felix the pup.

By Amy

I bought some yeast on eBay because apparently there is a nation wide shortage on it. I baked Sticky Buns yesterday. I will deliver them to the door steps of my neighbors.

By Karen

We're putting in a Victory Garden!

By Wendy

Here's how I ride my road bike

By Linda

Someone practicing "extreme social distancing" (Photo: Allardyce)

Signs of the Times. Heading North on the 101, Rincon and Samarkand Santa Barbara. (Photos by Patti Gutshall)

Here’s a photo from Leadbetter beach last week. A yoga class on the grass, mats about 8 feet apart. Beautiful, windy day. (Photo: Chris)

A sign for the times (Photo: Gene)

Cosmic distancing, at least on clear nights. (By Macpuzl)

a-1586286899 Apr 07, 2020 12:14 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

BOSCO, that is simply not true, your post is full of bad, frankly dangerous information. Droplets DO hang in the air for at least a few seconds, and according to some reputable sources, up to a few hours. Tests of hospital air exhausts have shown positive COVID19 results! That cannot happen if droplets don't hang in the air. 6 feet will NOT prevent you from getting the virus, it only lowers the chances significantly. The 6 ft rule does not mean you can do anything and everything! It means if you absolutely need to go out, then use the 6 ft rule. We need to exercise an abundance of caution. I agree this doesn't mean lock yourself inside, but the rest of your post is not scientifically proven by any means.

Roger Apr 06, 2020 05:50 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Some woman tried to hog the sidewalk from me the other day so I let a good one go and she got out of my way real quick.

Roger Apr 06, 2020 06:31 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

A fart it was good and loud too I was actually trying to hold it back to be polite but she had it coming...

a-1586277556 Apr 07, 2020 09:39 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

That is classic! Roger, you're my gastro hero! Sometimes, rude people need a good blast to snap them back to reality! Hahaha! Love this!

GrammaSB Apr 06, 2020 08:23 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Why don't you all take a deep breath and relax. Now with a clear head watch a video by a recent Corona Virus survivor by the name of Louis Meza so you can comprehend the importance of sacrificing!!

GrammaSB Apr 06, 2020 08:39 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

The Louis Meza story is on Noozhawk. This is beyond going to grocery store. Natives to Calif have been taught to prep for disasters , ie- earthquake preparedness well in my thinking this virus is no different we should all have extra necessities in the event of an emergency. I have not been physically with my grandchildren since Feb they were supposed to spend spring break with and due to Pandemic it is unsure when I will be physically with my sons and grandchildren so TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY so you can all go back to fretting over TJs shopping. Those of us with older fam memmbers under our roofs have to take extra precautions factor in your own underlying health condition and what do you get mandatory social distancing when absolute outtings are called for and the other is STAYING HOME. You might think your invinsible but guess what VIRUS doesn't care. Stay safe abd healthy people follow directions so WE CAN ALL enjoy our lives again.

a-1586274649 Apr 07, 2020 08:50 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Evidently the stores on State Street are practicing social distancing, too; it seems like every other one is completely emptied. I hope that means the store 'owners' have emptied to avoid break-in or theft, and not that they have quit.

a-1586278594 Apr 07, 2020 09:56 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Please call it by the true name: Physical distancing. We are all still socializing - at a safe distance - and maybe even more so nowadays, on the internet, zooming, facetime, etc. If we call it for what it's supposed to be, people may not rebel as much and might be more conscious of keeping a PHYSICAL distance.

a-1586280194 Apr 07, 2020 10:23 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Or simply call it "distancing", that way everyone who does not comprehend the difference between "social" distancing vs "physical" distancing won't be confused.

GrammaSB Apr 07, 2020 11:27 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

It is apparent SB County/City is not taking this seriously, in my opinion just b/c there are relatively low #'s compared to other Calif communities doesn't mean it won't get worse. If local govt won't take initiative on the issue then we as individuals, who don't want to succumb to this awful virus need to take action for our own well being. Follow the LA County model, yes it's bigger than SB County but why can't our local gov't be as aggressive to keep our #'s low!
How awful is it that people are dying alone NO ONE deserves that. If I can get through to at least 1 SB County resident then that's one less person saving another etc!

GrammaSB Apr 07, 2020 11:38 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Stay at home unless you work for an essential industry, no grocery stores or pharmacies for the next 2 weeks if feasible. Get out and walk but avoid socializing Yes it means finding other means to stay connected but hasn't our society een doing that anyway? Ever since texting came to e people stopped seeing and talking to each other unless it is via the phone so why all of a sudden everyone wants to congregate? Facetime, whats app etc. Only go out for necessary essentials to protect yourself and others due to this virus that shows no symptoms prior to actually manifesting itself. Read the literature on this virus there are reasons the guidelines are being put forth.

GrammaSB Apr 07, 2020 11:56 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

My apologies for multiple postings but this matter needs to be taken seriously. We need to protect our health care workers by not becoming a + Covid patient with active symptoms. The sacrifice we make now as a community will be better in the long run. I have had influenza in the past and let me tell you it is no joke so I certainly don't want this virus /c I may not e ale to fight it and I certainly don't want to end up on a ventilator I love my family too much.

GrammaSB Apr 07, 2020 12:11 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

"However, there are signs that social distancing and other public health measures could be helping, he said. " From SB Noozhawk article from Dr. Henning Ansorg, the Public Health Officer "37 Healthcare Workers Among Santa Barbara County’s 192 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases"
This is unacceptable by the top Doctor??

aragorn Apr 07, 2020 12:22 PM
How Are You Social Distancing?

We are in the World of the Computer Age, in the 21st. The best and safe way to socialize. Take advantage of that.

Luvaduck Apr 08, 2020 09:26 AM
How Are You Social Distancing?

Tail-gate party picture is a great idea! Especially for extroverts. It may save their sanity.

Pages