Update by edhat staff

Satna Barbara Firefighters responded to a report of a man trapped in a storm drain on Friday evening near Anapamu and Salsipuedes Streets.

The man heard near the basketball courts by Santa Barbara High School before being called into local authorities.

Initial scanner traffic reports state the man was fully naked and stated he had been there for five days, according to Roger the Scanner Guy.

Firefighters on the scene were unclear how long the man had actually been trapped and how we got in the storm drain. The man was transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
6:30 p.m., April 3, 2020

Report of a man being rescued from a storm drain. He's saying he's been there for five days. It's a sewer rescue at Salsipuedes and Anapamu Streets.

Sal15puedes Apr 04, 2020 02:57 PM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

Poor guy, hope he's ok no matter what his story. We're interconnected and interdependent.

aragorn Apr 04, 2020 10:03 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

An underground dweller. This is the start of a dystopian society here in SB. Underground dwellers.

conniemara Apr 04, 2020 09:53 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

If there is any chance this was a homeless person....shame on you SB..shame on you

tagdes Apr 04, 2020 09:50 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

They pulled him out of a manhole in the new basketball courts which they had to unbolt. The street drains at the intersection are all grated so they don't know how he got in there. As Roger says some sleep in the large storm drains and even my wife and friends would wander through them for blocks in San Roque when they were kids. They are not sewers.

Roger Apr 04, 2020 08:01 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

He might have been looking for other Homeless people I heard years ago they sleep in the sewers. I know they do in other towns.

Roger Apr 04, 2020 07:43 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

I heard 5 days on the scanner and reported it I don't care if it was 10 seconds I heard 5 days...

REX OF SB Apr 04, 2020 12:13 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

Maybe the victim was trying to do himself in. Then this would make it a case of attempted sewercide.

d8vanilla Apr 03, 2020 11:58 PM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

Did someone call it in? Or, ... I got nothin !!! Usually, I can think of a dozen scenarios, but ..... I must be tired !!!! I know.... have JP do an interview with the guy , and try and get all the info straight from the guy !! JP = John Palminteri

a-1585977811 Apr 03, 2020 10:23 PM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

FIVE DAYS?! How is that possible?! How did they fit down into it? SO many questions about this safety hazard. I see a lawsuit in the future.....

pstarSR Apr 04, 2020 09:40 AM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

how do they fit? do you not see how large our sewer/storm pipes have to be to accomodate all of the city? if you have to ask this question you have been inside too long.

Roger Apr 03, 2020 06:47 PM
Man Rescued from Storm Drain

I really hate it when some responders talk on the scanner than others on other scanners start talking and I miss the friggen call..