Angel View

Angel View title=
Angel View

By John Wiley

As we're sheltered in place, I looked through recent aerial pix of our little paradise again. Somehow this one had me imagining how our region might look to an angel in this current cloak of bright Spring colors. Here it is, in case you'd like to add it to all the other healing pix of our town.

EastBeach Mar 29, 2020 11:54 AM
Angel View

Love the gradients of blue in the ocean.

John Wiley Mar 29, 2020 11:00 AM
Angel View

Correction-May angels ever bring us Truth in waking and soothe our dreams. [I figured our trusty spelling police would tag my having left "e" off the end of "soothe" in my earlier comment. I recalled having seen "sooth" in English lit., so I read the wiki: "... The English word true is from Old English...tríewe... German treu 'faithful'... perhaps ultimately from PIE *dru- 'tree', on the notion of 'steadfast as an oak'... Old Norse trú, 'faith, word of honour; religious faith, belief'... in Anglo-Saxon expressed by...Modern English sooth".]

Sundance Mar 29, 2020 08:35 AM
Angel View

Our coast is so beautiful! We really are lucky to live here

Shasta Guy Mar 29, 2020 07:45 AM
Angel View

Very nice! What a refreshing sight after being packed in our homes like inmates. We are hoping to get up to West Camino Cielo today for fresh air, beautiful views, and hopefully not a lot of people.

taz Mar 29, 2020 01:56 AM
Angel View

What a Stunning photo! Appreciating the higher perspective of our incredible town. People worldwide are dealing with this current trauma, our shared concern and uncertainty. Fortunate Us to weather this storm together, here. Sheltering at home I feel peaceful when I look out the window, and this inspiring photo from above takes that up a notch! Thank you!

John Wiley Mar 29, 2020 01:02 AM
Angel View

Is it PTSD that makes this magnificent view of our mountains, washed by rain and swept by wind - flash for a second to a memory of that same vantage point on the billowing Thomas fire or rampaging path of subsequent debris flow? How will the trauma of this current pandemic affect each and all of us in years to come? There's an ancient Celtic song now known as All Through The Night with a line about guardian angels. If angels there be, may they sooth our coming days and comfort our nights.

Minibeast Mar 28, 2020 11:05 PM
Angel View

Less vehicles on the road = less air pollution. I could get used to this.

a-1591094740 Mar 29, 2020 11:23 AM
Angel View

So why praise an airplane flying around for no purpose and polluting with noise and gasoline combustion?