Motorcycle Mechanic

Can edhatters recommend a motorcycle mechanic on the South Coast? I'm hopefully looking for someone who does some minor repairs, drain gas tank and oil change, to get my bike up and running again. Someone who is mobile would be great.

CoastWatch Mar 25, 2020 12:14 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Dave at Pacifc Sportcycle right across from Ortega Park. I believe he has a M/C trailer you could use...

a-1585174408 Mar 25, 2020 03:13 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

1986 Honda Rebel, 250cc. Been sitting for a few years. I just purchased a new battery but want to make sure all the bells and whistles are safe before taking it on the open road.

jamesm113 Mar 25, 2020 02:49 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Precision Motorcycle Service in Goleta, behind the new Direct Relief building

Alexblue Mar 25, 2020 03:45 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

You could probably figure it out yourself with youtube videos. It's fun and rewarding and would ave you money.

Baddawg Mar 25, 2020 08:43 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Most likely will need a carb cleaning/rebuild as well, especially if the fuel in the carb wasn’t drained. If you don’t end up doing it yourself I would recommend Precision Motorcycle Service also.

EastBeach Mar 25, 2020 10:53 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Another recommendation for Dan at Precision Motorcycle across from the Airport. He's been around for at least 20 years.

x01660 Mar 26, 2020 10:27 AM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Take it to the owner of SB Buggy downtown. He's an old school motorcycle mechanic, and specializes in 80's UJM's. Builds and races 80's Suzuki GS's. He's a master carb rebuilder, and just a fantastic guy all around. And he has build 3 of my bikes from the ground up, including installing performance piston kits, degreeing in my cams, etc. Message me and I'll send his number.

JoeSixPack Mar 26, 2020 11:10 AM
Motorcycle Mechanic

COASTWATCH made a good recommendation. Dave at: Pacifc Sportcycle 627 Salsipuedes

Minibeast Mar 26, 2020 06:10 PM
Motorcycle Mechanic

Agreed. All my friends who ride take their motorcyles to Pacific Sportcycle. (I never knew the name of the place till now-----only the location and that the owner hails from South Africa.)