Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision title=
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision
Photos: SBCFD
Update by edhat staff
2:00 p.m., February 24, 2020

Three people, including an infant, were injured in a head-on traffic collision near Duncan and Foothill Roads on Monday afternoon.

At 1:22 p.m., Santa Barbara County firefighters were assisted by Santa Barbara City fire crews as they responded to a traffic collision in the San Roque area. Upon arrival crews found two vehicles had collided head-on with a total of three patients.

Two adults and one infant sustained mild to moderate injuries. No extrication was required as all patients were transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital via ground ambulances.

California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of this collision. Foothill Road is closed in the area.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
1:33 p.m., February 24, 2020

Injury traffic collision at Duncan and Foothill Roads. It's a white sedan vs Toyota truck.

a-1586223178 Feb 26, 2020 05:21 PM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

I've lived in San Roque about 2/3rds of my life. I avoid Duncan. If I lived on/just off it? Not sure, but I think I'd use other turn offs. Not worth my life. I lived just off Mission for decades, and took Las Positas southbound to get home for years; no way would I get into Mission St. 5 p.m. traffic or try to make a left turn from Mission onto a cross street. I'm sorry for those caught in this accident. Don't put yourself in such a position.

SouthCoastPhoto Feb 25, 2020 08:41 AM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

Well, that's not where I thought it would be... usually at the intersection with someone turning left onto Foothill from Duncan. This appears to be distracted driving and drifting into the other lane of traffic. I hope everyone is ok and makes a full recovery!

Minibeast Feb 24, 2020 09:03 PM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

Drove on Foothill this evening (6:30 p.m.) and was delighted to have a slow truck ahead of me, for miles and miles. We went the speed limit and a touch under. Too bad for the jerk drivers who like to ride right up on top of you, hoping to "push" you into speeding.

Chip of SB Feb 25, 2020 10:23 AM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

Beware, if you hold up 5 or more cars in the area where this accident occurred you are committing a crime!!! CVC 21656 states: "On a two-lane highway where passing is unsafe because of traffic in the opposite direction or other conditions, any vehicle proceeding upon the highway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at that time, behind which five or more vehicles are formed in line, shall turn off the roadway at the nearest place designated as a turnout by signs erected by the authority having jurisdiction over the highway, or wherever sufficient area for a safe turnout exists, in order to permit the vehicles following it to proceed. " Note that it refers to "normal speed of traffic" and not to the speed limit. You are required by law to pull over to allow faster traffic to pass, irregardless of the speed limit.

a-1586223178 Feb 25, 2020 08:42 AM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

I'm sorry MINI but deliberately trying to slow traffic down is just as bad as deliberately trying to speed it up. Two jerks don't make a right.

pstarSR Feb 25, 2020 07:49 AM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

hi, so this story is now about you and your driving style? edhat please change the title of this post to " Minibeast's driving tips ".

a-1586223178 Feb 24, 2020 03:30 PM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

It’s kind of surprising we don’t have more crashes, considering how very easy it is to move the steering wheel just a little bit wrong and end up in the wrong place, at speed. I hope the injured folk heal completely.

a-1586223178 Feb 24, 2020 03:12 PM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

No, this is at least 150 feet from the Duncan intersection, and the damage doesn't match up. It is what the article says - head on collision.

a-1586223178 Feb 24, 2020 02:43 PM
Three Injured in San Roque Traffic Collision

Possibly the driver of the highly damaged passenger car was going in reverse UP Foothill so they could back down Duncan. The other driver was probably totally surprised and/or not paying attention to the reversing driver. I don't really know this for sure though.