updated: Jul 11, 2012, 3:50 PM
By Animal Rescue Team
On July 4th we received a report from a local couple in Buellton. They reported to us that their free
roaming Rooster had been killed by an adult bobcat.
We did our best to educate the concerned family. Two days later we were informed that the Bobcat has
taken residency under their redwood deck.
Our executive director drove out to the property to asses the ill appearing adult bobcat late at night.
Upon further examination it was discovered that the adult bobcat was suffering from poisoning, and
Attached is a photo of our adult male bobcat coming out of sedation after further treatment. Providing
this bobcat survives, we will continue with treatment for the following 3 weeks.
Again, EVERYONE, please think twice before using this lethal poison.
Our org. did contact Das Williams today, in an all out effort to end the sales of 2nd generation poisons.
For donations, please send to
875 Carriage Drive
Solvang, CA 93463
Send this picture as a postcard
# # # #
14 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #