more articles like this
Scanner Reports - 3/23/12
updated: Mar 23, 2012, 7:00 AM
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's FRYday once again. I'm so tired. I've been painting my little mouse house, and I'm all finished, done, done, done. So there was this drunk driver at 5pm who was just cruising the HOOD on the East Side. It was a woman in a grey Ford Focus who was going around the block hoping to shake her tail. A good citizen followed her until the police could catch up. It started at Alsois and Gutierrez, then went west on Gutierrez to Milpas, Milpas to Haley, Haley to Alsois, Alsois to Gutierrez, west on Gutierrez to Milpas, and then to Milpas South. I was outta my seat and headed for the door. She stopped right in front of Habit, directly across the street from Rogers's house, looking in her rear view mirror while checking her makeup. Then she continued on until the police got her in the 400 block of South Milpas. Thank the good Dog!
It's amazing the way people drive, ride bicycles, use/drink and drive/ride. There isn't more pedestrians laying all over the place. Especially children who wander all over the place; many wander into the street. I hear calls all the time about children wandering away from home and crossing streets. I read most of the comments from motorists who were angry at bicyclists and pedestrians for violating the law. It seems that many motorists justify their failure to yield with the fact that many pedestrians violate the law. Three cars sped passed me going 40 mph at Cacique and Milpas on Wednesday. A kid in a dark green pickup truck stopped for me with a lot of traffic behind him, good kid. And yes, I was in the crosswalk. Why don't some of you motorists out there come down off your high horse and slow way down for the CHILDREN? Have a great weekend and please don't drink and drive or use drugs while driving or walking or riding a bicycle or skate board.
Here are your Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
• Vandalism in the 600 block of Palm Ave.
• A guest staying at a motel in the 1600 Block of State Street reported theft while she was staying at another motel in the 3500 block of State Street.
• Non injury traffic accident involving a MTD Bus on Calle Morales and State Street.
• Non injury traffic accident in the 800 block of Cliff Drive.
• Family disturbing the peace over medical care of a grandfather in the San Roque area.
• Threats investigation in the 500 block of Laguna.
• Injury traffic accident at Calle Cesar Chavez at Yanonali, vehicle vs. bicyclist.
• Gang type juveniles gathered across the street from Pennywise market in the 1100 block of East Montecito.
• 242 assault on 1300 block of Dahia Court, male hit female.
• Fire drill in the 3000 block of Padaro Lane.
• Multiple thefts in an apartment building in the 1000 block of Cliff Drive. In one residence there was a theft of medical marijuana, and in another there was a 459 burglary where a laptop was taken. I bet everyone in that neighborhood knows the building without knowing the address. I hear an above average number of calls there.
• Premise check at a residence on Alsois for girls throwing bottles at a residence. I guess this is how some people get back at other people that call the police..SNOT VERY NICE....
• Per an Edhat reader, there was a report of a vehicle into a parked car on Ellwood Beach Drive.
• 20002 hit and run (white Cadillac Escalade) on Olive and Laguna, possible 23152.
• 415 idiots kicking someone else's vehicle at the 7-11 on Calle Real. The suspects were in a dark silver Toyota pickup, three males and one female. The female threatened to blow off the reporting parties faces with a gun. Before police could arrive, they drove away.
• Medical emergency: fall victim on 1040 Coast Village Road near Vons, head injury.
• Medical Emergency at Patterson and Hollister, child not breathing. The parents transported the child to GVCH Emergency.
• Arrellega Olive car into street sign, non injury.
• Suspicious circumstances: Female followed to her vehicle by HMA with a shaved head from State and Anapamu.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
• Medical emergency in the 1100 block of East Cabrillo. A 35-year-old man vomiting.
• CSI requested in the 300 block of North Alsois.
• Kid hit on his skateboard on Olive at Victoria. He then went to the police station to file a report.
• Suicidal subject, unknown method, in a residence on East Sola.
• 484 theft investigation in the 600 block of Garden.
• Non injury traffic accident in the Castillo Underpants.
• Fall victim with a laceration to his/her head in the 600 block of East DLG.
• Possible code blue on the steps of the Arlington Theater at 1317 State Street. Engine one was unable to the locate victim. Apparently he woke up and left scene.
• The new resident of the Rose Garden was a transient in his 60s who was yelling at people, probably for waking him up.
• Injury traffic accident at Valerio and Anacapa.
• 415 domestic in a residence in the 600 block of San Pasqual.
• Combative subject transported from PUFF to Station 38.
• Bicycle thief seen cutting a lock and stealing bike on Kellogg near Hollister.
• A man reported being followed by a dog and his owner. The dog was on foot. The dog's father was in a Toyota trying to cut the reporting party off. Don't ask I only report what I hear.
• In the first block of Skyline Circle, there was a report of a man yelling and throwing things. I use to do that, then I got arthritis and grew up.
• Drunk female in a grey Ford Focus. That was the one I was talking about earlier. She was caught on South Milpas.
• Report of truck fire 101 northbound south of Buellton.
• 242 investigation at the station.
• 242 assault investigation at Sansum Clinic. The assault happened on State Street.
• Drunk driver in black Jeep with Wisconsin plates. I missed the location, but the police didn't.
• Structure fire at Westmount College in Adams Hall.
• Injury traffic accident at Castillo and Montecito. It was a possible drunk driver, a dog involved in the accident was taken to the shelter.
• Two car collision at Sapsitudes and Cota , one vehicle into a fire hydrant.
• A city police officer reported that he was on foot in the 700 block of State Street concerning the body found the other day on the State onramp. A source tells me that none of the homeless people sleeping in that area knew the deceased. My source is not a police officer or anyone connected to any law enforcement agency.
That is that for today. Have a great weekend and Dog Willing, Me, Pooh Bear the Cat, and UnBallistic Belinda will see you on Monday. Roger
Be the first to comment on this article.
# # # #