more articles like this
Scanner Reports - Oct. 28
updated: Oct 28, 2011, 7:51 AM
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Friday: the day the lights will be out in Roger's house. As long as I got Bukowski, flashlights, some cheez-its, and my trusty sidekick Pooh Bear, I won't be too scared. Quite a busy week here in Santa Barbara, people with a lot of explaining to do as yet another witness comes forward in the DUI beating case.
I don't understand why people think its OK to beat a guy like that with clearly excessive force. I guess if we expect our police officers to do their jobs, this is what we're going to get. We can't have it both ways. It's their way or the highway. I wonder what Santa Barbarians think about that? The Chief stated that this was standard police practice in an arrest. I know from experience that you are to never get out of your vehicle and approach an officer when they pull you over. While I don't like drunk drivers, I don't think, from what I have heard at least, that the beating was OK.
Yep crime is up. It will always be up in a steady climb as our innocent little city grows. It does go back and forth a little bit; maybe someone messes with the numbers. Not everything is reported, especially in the homeless community. There is a lot of crime not reported because they trust no one and why should they? Life is hard on the streets. Not always as easy going to their bank account and pulling out a couple grand to get an apartment. I can't even save. Everything I have goes for living expenses. Someone suggested that if I got an RV. Grey Street would be a good place to park it because RVers are left alone there; it's an everything goes sort of street. I don't know…that might be too noisy for me and the Pooh Man. We might have to find a street in Cito or Hope Ranch. Maybe we can park in front of Ty Warner's place. I got some Beanie Babies. I helped him make his fortune. Anyone else know where I can park my RV? That is if someone ever gives me one. Here are your scanner reports.
Scanner Report, Wednesday:
• It's 3am and there is an audible alarm going off in my neighborhood. I thought it was Batty's, but it was Griffin and Crane.
• Another audible alarm going off in the 6700 block of Hollister.
• Someone is getting pulled over at the Chevron in the 1100 block of Coast Village Road.
It's pretty quiet. A city cop runs a homeless person near a donut shop. I cannot sleep. I am sick and now thinking about donuts…fried dough with icing on top vanilla with chocolate sprinkles, cherry, strawberry, maple, and chocolate long johns…What I would give to not be diabetic...
• A 459 hot prowl in the 2000 block of Modoc. Someone walked into a home, into a bedroom, said something about looking for a door, and disappeared. Police had a description from the victim: WMA 5'8", 30's, thin build, wearing dark clothing, possibly under the influence. They never found him, possibly a ghost. Daylight revealed 5 vehicles blocking a construction zone at Mission and De La Vina enjoy those tickets Folks!
• Woman lying on the floor at the Cottage Hospital ER, yelling and refusing to leave. A few moments after the initial call, another one came in, adding the woman is combative.
• Three fellas ripped off a bag of groceries from Scolari's BMAs.
• Suspicious circumstances on a couple fellers refusing to show their I.D. to an inspector at a construction site at Turnpike and Hollister.
• Medical emergency at PHF, unknown type.
• 415 domestic at Vera Cruz Park, male-female verbal dispute.
• Four students detained at Santa Ynez HS for being under the infulence.
• Sniper fire from a BB gun in the 6600 block of Del Playa, victim hit on terrace.
• Two-vehicle traffic accident, damage to a city property at 1000 Chapala.
• Suspicious subject in the bankruptcy court parking lot. Suspect was taking pictures of license plates.
• 484, theft of flowers from Tri County Produce, 335 South Milpas.
• WATCH OUT! Reckless skateboarder going northbound on State toward Haley!
• An Alzheimer's patient that was missing from the 200 block of West Cota and was headed toward Our Lady of Sorrows Church, was actually found at Nopal and Haley about 15 minutes later by SBPD.
• A female living in the 800 block of West Mission text messaged her friend to call police because she had been assaulted by her mate.
• 415 fight in front of Radio Shack in the county. Somewhere are the 6 subjects.
• Fire and medics are responding to the jail for a medical emergency, seizures.
• Report of an aggressive patient at PUFF, SBSO responding.
• In the 400 block of West Islay, a female is lying on the front seat of an Oldsmobile. I heard no more. She was probably asleep. I used to sleep on the front seat of my Oldsmobile all the time.
• Some sort of hanky panky going on up in Orcutt. At Hummel and Patterson Lane, 3 guys with masks were robbing someone. I never heard the full story. It just got deeper and deeper. I could not figure out who the victim was.
• In the 1000 block of Del Mar, loud potty. I had one of those this morning; neighbor's girlfriend got the hell away from my window.
• Loud drums at 815 East Cota.
• Some found a one- or two-year-old child at De La Guerra and Milpas. Mom came out right away as she was looking for the little one, but here it was 10 o'clock at night. How does this happen?
• 415, fight at State and Cota. One subject with a skateboard running east on Ortega. Victim said he tried to clobber him with the board; that's all I turd.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
• SBPD officer running people for wants and warrants, gets subject with a warrant for $100,000.00. I have no idea what it was for, but good grab!
• At 1070 Miramonte, report of tree fire, but it was actually a bag in the tree on fire.
• 594, vandalism at Pennywise Market, 1121 East Montecito.
• 314, indecent exposure at a massage parlor in the 3400 block of State. Is there such a place as this in SB? I don't know these things...
• 1100 block of Coast Village Circle, Caretaker being uncooperative, code 2, medics are requested. I don't know why.
• Parking violation at 32 West Mission.
• Drinkers in front of Crown Liquor, 3 males and a female.
• Medical emergency for a diabetic at Cacique Street Shelter.
• A Keep the Peace call went out for someone picking up property in the 800 block of East Carrillo.
• Person in wheelchair fell off Stearns Wharf. Person was rescued by many people and is in critical condition.
• 415 dispute between a mother and daughter in the 1500 block of San Pascual, daughter strikes mother.
• Five juveniles beat one juvenile in the 500 block of West Victoria.
• 1144 came in from the Casino to Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital.
Well that's it for now. It looks like Panaderia Veronica is going to re-open real soon in the 200 block of South Milpas, actually right on the corner of Cacique and Milpas. Yep I done lost about 70 pounds the last few months. I'm probably going to gain it all back but what the HELL. Dog willing, I'll see ya on Monday. Have a great weekend.
9 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #