Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 48.2°F | Humidity: 99% | Pressure: 30.22in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com

17874 Subscribers

Buy Edhat Hats

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Car Stuck at 3100 State
updated: Mar 17, 2017, 3:31 PM

By d8vanilla

Car stuck, after attempting to make a U turn, and cutting too close to center divider. 3100 blk State

Firemen have arrived to assist. Damage to undercarriage.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 764121 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:47 PM

I was behind that duma*s. There is no left turn pocket there so, I believe, a u-turn is illegal.

COMMENT 764123 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:54 PM

typical beemer driver. They think that they own the road

COMMENT 764128 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:59 PM

mans / womans has gots to know their limits.

COMMENT 764130 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 04:05 PM

Looks illegal-serves them right.

COMMENT 764132 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 04:07 PM

That was after they drove UP De La Vina. Summer is on it's way!

RUNS WITH COYOTES agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 04:24 PM

I use that intersection daily, and see more "creative" driving maneuvers than I could ever have imagined! Even with the crosswalk improvements it's a wonder there aren't more serious accidents, injuries, etc.

COMMENT 764151 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 04:53 PM

Oh dear.... I did that once but it was after dark, raining heavy and I was a couple of sheets to the wind and got stuck on the center divider in front of Kyoto Sushi. Needless to say I did not sleep in my bed that night.

COMMENT 764152 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 05:02 PM

Forgot something from Traders probably.

COMMENT 764166 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 05:56 PM

I was behind that guy and the whole time I thought he was waiting to make a u-turn had no clue he was stuck! What a beemer move. I own the road! Well it looks like the road owns you for today.

COMMENT 764167 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 05:56 PM

Poor girl was in tears. She made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes that's why we are human

COMMENT 764168 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 05:58 PM

I drove by it probably at the same time, a women ( very snooty ) walked over into the park and got on her cell phone. I'm guessing she was the driver.

( I make the snooty statement because she didn't seem at all concerned with the huge line of traffic behind her broken suv)

I'm glad it only involved one car

COMMENT 764171 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 06:04 PM

This would make a great advertisement for the actual capability of the BMW Sport Utility Vehicle.

COMMENT 764192 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 07:27 PM

Ouch! Looks like dealer plates on the vehicle too.

COMMENT 764193 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 07:52 PM

No approaching vehicles within 200' , perfectly legal in a residential district. I do it all the time to go to TJ's. But you gotta be quick. Also OK at traffic signals no lt. turn lane needed.

COMMENT 764207 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 08:18 PM

193-unless it specifically says no u-turns. In this case, there isn't one so yes she can make a turn but looks like she misjudged the length of the divider.

COMMENT 764225P agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 10:45 PM

This is too funny. I, too, drove past this (heading west) this afternoon and, until reading this post, I thought the driver was just "stuck" because the opposing traffic wouldn't let up enough to allow him/her to complete the U-turn. A lot of traffic for 4PM, too. It's a tight U-turn but legal there, by the way.

Fortunately, and thanks to great driver training classes as a kid, I am always looking ahead when driving, anticipating. When this left lane block occurred, I was quick enough to get around it-----but first I slowed down to allow several other drivers to get out from behind the stuck vehicle.

Poor girl. How embarrassing this must have been. Lesson learned?

WOODRUFF agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 11:22 PM

Almost daily, I see young women piloting sport-utes around when they clearly have no idea how to drive responsibly. In fact, if one of these vehicles comes into view, I can be fairly certain that the driver is a young woman wheeling around with one hand, while the other hand has a cell phone stuck to her ear.

I'm not being whimsical here. For those who might be skeptical, check out the driver the next time you see a sport-utility blundering around on a road, near a school, or even in a parking lot.

COMMENT 764236 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 06:16 AM

Woodruff, I see people from all walks of life driving like idiots. Most recently it was an older woman on a cell phone who nearly ran me over while I was on my bike. But I also see young men zipping in and around traffic to get ahead a few cars, idiots on motorcycles seeing how fast and noisily they can drive in residential areas, older people who really shouldn't be driving anymore holding up traffic or making unsafe turns, and middle-aged men who tailgate me because they think 25 mph is way too slow to drive when in a school zone with kids around.

Idiocy is not bounded by age nor gender, and is not necessarily overcome with more driving experience. Drive/ride defensively.

COMMENT 764262 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 08:19 AM

That is funny. A month or so ago there was a Volvo station wagon heading west on State at the Los Positas/San Roque intersection that had, for some reason, tried to make an abrupt left (or u-turn) from inside the left turn lane where there is a curb and another curb-height drop between the left turn lane and the eastbound lanes. The Volvo was high-centered on the curb with its front end sticking into the eastbound left lane and rear end in the westbound turn lane, similar to this BMW. Geniuses...geniuses all around.

COMMENT 764293 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 10:26 AM

236 definitely lives here and knows what's going on!

COMMENT 764313 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 11:44 AM

Voice of reason award goes to 236. It's not the car or the gender or even the ethnic origin or race that makes a bad driver but the person's indifference to safe handling of a motor vehicle. And that, my friends, is universal among all types of humans... even off duty cops.

168... Lack of "concern with the huge line of traffic behind her broken suv"? Really? What is a non-snooty person to do? Offer frappucinos to all the drivers stuck in traffic? As you said, the SUV was broken down and she clearly needed help to move it off to the side of the road. Did you offer to help?

14% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.