Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 48.2°F | Humidity: 99% | Pressure: 30.22in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com

17874 Subscribers

Buy Edhat Hats
Buy Edhat Hats

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Laughing In the Mist Of It All
updated: Mar 17, 2017, 2:08 PM

By Stev McGovern

I like fog. Three fog jokes:

(1) "What did the fog say to the light rain after vacation? I mist you."

(2) "Motorist was following another car's taillights in a thick fog. Suddenly he crashed into the car. He jumped from his He jumped from his car. ‘Why didn't you let me know you were stopping?' he yelled into the mist. 'Why should I?' came a voice from the fog. ‘I'm in my own garage!'"

(3) "Due to intense fog, all my thoughts have been grounded."

Ok. Not new but I'll refer you to number 3.

Anyway, I have so many thousands of pictures of Santa Barbara and environs, I'm happy to see anything that gives me a different perspective.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 764110 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:03 PM

Really nice. Especially nowadays, the simplicity and quietness of black and white is really appreciated. Nice work.

COMMENT 764111 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:17 PM

Mr. Tuttle don't worry the fog will get them. Ah yes the fog. Name that movie.

COMMENT 764120 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 03:46 PM

@111 "The Others"

SBROCKS agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 05:52 PM

Beautiful!

COMMENT 764179 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 06:36 PM

Haha jokes and great pics. Stev, thank you for this.

I love the elegant fog and want it heavy and relentless and to never go away. I want it swirling around street lights and dripping from leaves and the acoustic sound of fog horns to always fill the night until it rains for days and days and days.

COMMENT 764204 agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 08:15 PM

fortunately the pictures make up for the jokes. Otherwise...!?#$%!

:p

Nice work Steve.

COMMENT 764223P agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-17 09:53 PM

Mista McGovern, thanks for the lovely photographs, great wordplay and delightful little essay.

ALONZO agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 07:34 AM

Yes, the evocative allure of black and white
photography and film. Sadly underused.
My favorite B & W films are from the late
50's/early 60"s when the craft of B & W filmmaking
was at it's zenith.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2017-03-18 02:46 PM

Beautiful foggy drama with B &W. Thanks

44% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.