more articles like this
Scanner Reports 3-15-17
updated: Mar 15, 2017, 7:00 AM
Roger the Scanner Guy
Happy Wednesday. Did it again, walked way too much on Monday and I’m hurting like heck. I saw one of those big wheeled walkers at Catholic Charities, but it was too small to hold me. I was looking for a good cheap stock pot or crock pot but did not find what I was looking for. Did not find okra either, but I got a little kale, some papaya, other grub. Keep forgetting I ain't got no teeth, can't chew the kale. I need to keep walking and doing the gardening. I either do it too much or not at all.
I love this fog, though it gives me some sinus trouble. It reminds me of the night and early morning beach walks I used to do. Usually it was after midnight to around 3ish when I was younger, 30 or so years ago. Really sucks; that seems like yesterday, yet though it's much longer. Usually there was a bunch of us that would go, friends and night owls. We'd meet at the Marina, walk the breakwater then the beach to the Leadbetter cliffs, then back. We'd stop at Cat Beach for prayer and meditation, then go get coffee somewhere, usually Carrows, because it was open all night. If it was earlier, we'd go to RoCo. I used to love their State Street Roast. Sometimes on our beach walks, we'd have interesting experiences. I like to call them spiritual. Though I'm not religious, I'm open when it comes to the existence of others. I realize some folks don't believe in this sort of thing though. I'm not afraid of sounding like a nut, I'm ok with that. I have also heard of others having experiences in the same area. One of these occurred after the walk when a few of us were done with our meditation. I noticed several of the others were looking toward the water, near the café. I looked too and saw what looked like a floating monk. It was quite far away and foggy but this being looked as if it was floating over the top of the water in the sign of a cross, back and forth. None of us approached nor spoke of it till later. At the time, I was thinking someone spiked the coffee. That was one of the first things we saw, and we all saw the Floating Monk several times. There were other things we saw too, but the Floating Monk we saw more than anything else. There were boats that we'd see one second and the next they were gone. They were close to shore, there was no way they could have gotten away so quickly. One time we heard someone clapping their hands, walked right up to where the clapping was, and there was no one there. That was next to the yacht club on the beach.
I always thought Santa Barbara was a spiritual kind of place, more so than other places. Of course, there is a lot of history here. Of all the people that used to take those walks with me, they have either passed on or moved on. Perhaps they are at the beach waiting.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Mother-Son disturbance, sounded physical, 1500 block of San Pasqual.
- Forgery investigation, CVS Pharmacy in the 3900 block of State Street.
- Traffic accident, Micheltorena and DLV.
- Alert 2 at the airport, rough sounding engine, experimental aircraft landed safely.
- Subjects drinking, possibly in a vehicle in the 300 block of Rancheria.
- K-Mart requesting a deputy for a "Push out". I don't know what it means but it sounds interesting.
- Assault, juvenile female jumped by three other juvenile females, at Santa Barbara High School.
- Theft of cash from a wallet in the 1200 block of Punta Gorda. Victim suspects his girlfriend took the money.
- Suspicious vehicle, a black Dodge pickup truck, in the 700 block of Kimball for a while.
- Theft from a resident at Friendship Manor, 600 Block of El Colegio in I.V.
- Medical call, rear of the County jail for a fractured arm.
- Assault investigation at the Coty Police Station.
- Check the Welfare of a female with orange hair on the Turnpike overpass, almost falling into traffic.
- Fall victim with a head injury in the 3500 block of State Street.
- Three motorcycles driving at a high rate of speed, Last seen in the 800 block of Cacique at the body shop.
- McKenzie Park premises check.
- Suspicious subject in the 2200 block of Modoc.
- Neighbor dispute at the Shepard Place Apartments on Casitas Pass. One neighbor trying to ram a grocery cart into the other’s vehicle.
- 2000 block of Sherwood, assault.
- Theft, 100 block of South Hope.
- Domestic Violence investigation in the lobby of the City Police Department.
- Drunk female in traffic, Carrillo at Chapala.
- Suicidal female in the handicapped space at the Nugget in Summerland, sitting in a blue Toyota Corolla, pulling out her hair saying she don't want to live anymore.
- Medical call, PATH, 816 Cacique.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Medical call, 340 Old Mill Road.
- Reckless driver in a white 4-Runner driving at a high rate of speed, passing in the bicycle lane. On Cliff from Las Positas.
- Stolen vehicle, 1500 block of Clearview Road.
- Suspicious male in a small white pickup truck near Patterson School, 400 block of Patterson Road.
- Subject wearing a brown jacket yelling, near Chapala and Figueroa, heading westbound on foot.
- Highway 246 at Casino Drive, there was an unknown if injury auto accident.
- Suspicious vehicle, 700 block of East Alamar, older Honda sedan with a male inside who appeared to be watching a certain home.
- Roommate altercation, 6700 block of Del Playa.
- Medical call, Double Tree, for a fall victim.
- Male subject walking in the area of Kellogg and Berkeley saying aloud that he is going to kill himself. Check the welfare.
- Battery in the 1000 block of Casitas Pass.
- Assist Probation in the 200 block of East Haley.
- Matthew K. is being obnoxious again, in the 500 block of State Street.
- Rental cargo van not returned from renter, Indiana plates, last rented to subject who lived in the 400 block of East Cota.
- Ashton at Evonshire, group of punks beating up one kid. That used to happen to me too, that is why I call the bullies punks; because they are so afraid of that one kid they all have to jump him.
- Probation check, 400 block of West Padre.
- Commercial burglary, 185 South Patterson, Dominos.
- 1900 block of Cliff Drive, assist Probation with the arrest of a juvenile.
- Walk away from Cottage Hospital, dragging an IV with him. Check the welfare in the Mission underpass. Cottage Hospital wanted him back, so he was returned to the hospital.
- Probation check, 1100 block of Garden Street.
- Probation check, 300 block of Ladera.
- Probation check, 200 block of West Haley. Probation is busy today.
I sure am sore from that long walk yesterday. I’m an all or nothing kinda guy. Gotta re-train myself. Anyway, that is all outta me for now. Have a lovely Wednesday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Jerry, Poncho, Stan, Carl, Billy, Brad, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Isabelle and Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Got a question for Roger? Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
12 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #