npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 63.9°F | Humidity: 74% | Pressure: 29.86in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 0.4mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com
    17885 Subscribers
      528 Paid (3.0%)
     25 Commenters
     387141 Page Views

Buy Edhat Bags
Buy Edhat Bags
Magic Mansion Fundraiser 5/13/17
Magic Mansion Fundraiser 5/13/17
Buy Edhat Shirts
Buy Edhat Shirts
Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat
Buy Edhat Hats
Buy Edhat Hats
News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Divorce Records
updated: Jun 12, 2014, 2:49 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

How does one get a copy of a divorce record from about 17 years ago? The divorce took place in Santa Barbara. This is for me - I need it so I can change my name on a 401k from back then. Seems like there should be an easy way to get this online or at least request it online...I don't live in Santa Barbara anymore. Thank you!

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

 MARJELK agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-12 02:58 PM

Try the County Recorder's office.


 COMMENT 527566 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-12 03:20 PM

Not the Recorder's Office. The Clerk's office. It will be on microfiche probably.


 COMMENT 527600 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-12 04:55 PM

Yes, at the court house. Easier to get than you think! Just go in.


 COMMENT 527601 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-12 04:55 PM

Certified copies of actual divorce decrees are only available from the Superior Court in the county where the divorce was filed.
Google sbcourts.org and you will find the contact info... probably will take less time than it took to post the original question here.


 UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-13 07:45 AM

I just had to do this last week. Second floor of the courthouse. Superior court records. It took about fifteen minutes.


 COMMENT 527705 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-13 08:15 AM

Some good answers to the wrong question here. The OP stated theatre they no longer live in the area so anything that involves going in person does not answer the question posed.


 COMMENT 528093 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-06-14 12:57 PM

Flicka you are always suggesting that commentors you dissagree with including myself seek professional mental health treatment . Would you be willing to pay the bill too?


29% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.


*** 2 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.


Add Your Comments

Edhat Username



Don't have an Account?

Don't know if you have an account?

Don't remember your account info?


ENJOY HAPPY HOUR! ... Between 4:00pm & 5:00pm only happy comment are allowed on the Edhat Comments Board.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.

Hide Your Handle, but show paid status (paid subscribers only)
NEW - use verified name and picture (contact ed@edhat.com to be verified)
Find out About Becoming A Paid Subscriber
NOTE: We are testing a new Comment Preview Page. You must hit OK on the next page to have your comment go live. Send Feedback to ed@edhat.com.

get a handle   |  lost handle




  See more articles like this

# # # #


Send To a Friend
Your Email
Friend's Email

Top of Page | Old News Archives | Printer-Friendly Page

  Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2015  
Edhat, Inc.