npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 68.7°F | Humidity: 52% | Pressure: 30.09in ( Falling) | Conditions: | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 11.4mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com
    17875 Subscribers
      550 Paid (3.1%)
     57 Commenters
     61911 Page Views

Buy Edhat Shirts
Buy Edhat Shirts
Buy Edhat Bags
Buy Edhat Bags
Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat
Buy Edhat Hats
Buy Edhat Hats
News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!

Medi-Cal Doctor
updated: Apr 22, 2014, 12:52 PM

Can any Edhatters recommend a doctor who works with special needs autistic young adults (gives physical exams and such) who also takes Medi-Cal? Thanks!

 COMMENT 513022 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:03 PM

I can't post any links, but I did a google search of your question and came up with some answers.


 COMMENT 513024P agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:06 PM

This list is a little old, but would be a good starting point. There may be a newer one, but I was unable to find one.


 COMMENT 513027P agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:12 PM

Oops...here is a newer one.


 COMMENT 513028 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:17 PM

Call the number on the back of the card. They assign you a Dr. Think HMO


 ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:35 PM

Check the Neighborhood clinics they usually do, good doctors too..


 COMMENT 513044 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:38 PM

OP here thanks to the helpful people - 022 I tried Google and everything that came up was an old list like 027P pointed out so I needed to confirm. Plus this is a question for a friend who is not too internet savvy, but thanks for your (un)helpful input anyway. Have a great day!


 COMMENT 513049 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:49 PM

OP I think everyone was trying to be helpful…


 COMMENT 513053 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 01:53 PM

Medi-Cal uses Cen-Cal for provider list . Cen-Cal has a booklet for providers for all health and pharmacy. It may be online, but you can get the booklet at Santa Barbara County Social Services Building on Camino del Remedio


 COMMENT 513055 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 02:03 PM

Is there a way to find out which Medi-Cal providers work with special needs persons like someone w/ autism? Or can any one recommend a doctor that works w/ someone w/ autism?


 COMMENT 513068 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 02:25 PM

Any FP/internist should be able to perform a physical exam on an autistic person. If you want a long-term relationship where unique psychological issues might arise secondary to the autism, then the Koegel Institute at 893-2049 undoubtedly knows of physicians for adults that they would recommend for their clients who turn 18.


 COMMENT 513112 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-22 06:10 PM

Dr. Barbara Hrach


 PJG agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-23 07:47 AM

You might try the Santa Barbara Autism Society. http://www.asasb.org/
There is also a local yahoo group SBATA@yahoogroups.com that is a wealth of information.
Hope that helps.


 COMMENT 513276 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-04-23 02:30 PM

EdHatters are great 'first responders' with pragmatic, actionable info. Continued appreciation to our quick fact, quick wit community. CenCal includes SB County MediCal oversight, MCal/ Mcare interface, various admin functions. Main office is directly across Sansum Clinic on Pesetas Ln between Calle Real and La Colina St. (Former Fidelity Title headquarters) I concur that SB Neighborhood Clinics are efficient start points for low income health need. Clinics have comprehensive, wide-ranging no/low cost referrals.



Add Your Comments

Edhat Username



Don't have an Account?

Don't know if you have an account?

Don't remember your account info?


ENJOY HAPPY HOUR! ... Between 4:00pm & 5:00pm only happy comment are allowed on the Edhat Comments Board.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.

Hide Your Handle, but show paid status (paid subscribers only)
NEW - use verified name and picture (contact ed@edhat.com to be verified)
Find out About Becoming A Paid Subscriber
NOTE: We are testing a new Comment Preview Page. You must hit OK on the next page to have your comment go live. Send Feedback to ed@edhat.com.

get a handle   |  lost handle




  See more articles like this

# # # #


Send To a Friend
Your Email
Friend's Email

Top of Page | Old News Archives | Printer-Friendly Page

  Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2015  
Edhat, Inc.