Turn Off Irrigation Controllers
updated: Apr 03, 2014, 8:45 AM
Source: Montecito Water District
Community Message from Montecito Water District regarding the current water shortage emergency.
The following message was provided by the Montecito Water District:
ALERT: With the recent rains on April 1 and 2 you can turn off your irrigation controllers for up to 10 days.
GET THE CORRECTED VERSION OF THE HOW TO READ YOUR METER Document
* Customers were mailed the How to Read Your Meter Document.
* Download an updated version of the document at this link: http://bit.ly/1iiHMkr
USE THE HOW TO READ YOUR METER Document
* Available at this link: http://bit.ly/1h530G0
* Learn how to read your water meter and calculate your water use.
* Use your water meter to check for leaks.
MEASURE OFTEN - KNOW YOUR WATER USE
* Begin recording your water use early in the billing period.
* Repeat meter readings often to stay within your drought allocation.
* Read your meter more often in the last half of the month.
LIMIT OUTDOOR WATER USE AND CONSERVE WATER INDOORS
*Call the District to arrange a FREE landscape water checkup from our Water Conservation Specialist, Mike
Clark (805) 969-2271.
*Take water saving steps to limit water use indoors.
HELPFUL DOWNLOADS AND LINKS:
Online Water Use Calculator: http://bit.ly/1dT0aU2
Printable Calculator Form and Log Sheet: http://bit.ly/1lCTtId Water
Conservation Resources and Tips: http://bit.ly/1k0N9KA
Check our WEBSITE for timing to begin irrigating again: http://www.montecitowater.com/
Get more tips on water conservation http://bit.ly/1k0N9KA.
If you cannot locate your meter, are disabled, or you would like District Staff to show you where it is
located and how to read it, call: (805) 969-2271.
For the latest information on the extreme drought, we have implemented several social media and web
Facebook - facebook.com/montecitowater.com
Twitter - @MontecitoWater
Web - montectowater.com
Montecito Water District
15 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #