more articles like this
March Edness 2014 Rules
updated: Mar 01, 2014, 1:00 PM
By the Dedicated Staff of edhat.com
March Edness is back again! In just a few days, photos of hidden locations in Santa Barbara County will be
popping up on computer screens and have your co-workers talking. If you have never played March Edness
before, this is a fun and quirky game we play with edhat subscribers every year. Each weekday during
March, the Dedicated Staff will post one cropped photo taken somewhere in Santa Barbara. Paid
subscribers will guess exactly where the photo was taken and earn points based on the correct guess. The
person with the most points wins and receives a cool prize along with edhat fame, bragging rights, and an
Starting on Monday March 3rd at midnight, our first photo will appear. Are you ready? Review
these rules and remember to renew your edhat subscription here.
March Edness 2014 Rules
1. All pictures taken, cropped, and displayed for March Edness 2014 are located and chosen by Ed
and the dedicated staff of edhat.com.
2. One picture will be shown every weekday for twenty days, beginning on Monday, March 3rd, and
ending on Friday, March 28th. Monday, March 31st will be used as a tie-breaker if needed.
3. All pictures will be located within Southern Santa Barbara County from Goleta to Carp; the beach
to the mountains.
4. Only paid Edhat Community Members can play March Edness. Click here to check your status or purchase a membership. It's just $4 for the
5. Pictures will be placed on the Edhat website each weekday at midnight.
6. Entries must be received by 8:00 PM on the same day that they are first shown. Edhat handle and email address must
match on the submission.
7. The number of points awarded for the correct identification of a picture will change weekly. Pictures will be worth:
1 point during week one
2 points during week two
3 points during week three
4 points during week four
A total of 50 points can be earned. If there is a tie, the Dedicated Staff will create a bonus round for a tie breaker.
8. Contestants are asked to be specific. See previously stated rules, and an
explanation why Canon Perdido was not
an accepted answer for California Cleaners. The most specific answer will set the bar. For instance, Starbucks on State Street will be awarded points unless
someone else submits Starbucks on 1235 State Street. The correct physical address has then set the bar.
9. All decisions as to whether or not a contestant receives points, how many points he or she receives,
and whether or not he or she was specific enough are made by Ed and the dedicated staff - and they are
10. Friends & Family Rule:
Good friends, married couples, brothers, sisters, and soul-mates, and all those who share information
with each other are required to enter the March Edness Contest as one entity.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will all walk away with beautifully custom engraved golden statues and be invited to a special
March Edness Awards Ceremony.
The 1st place winner will also receive 2 VIP tickets to Brews
at the Beach on April 12, 2014. (More awesome prizes to be determined).
Any questions about this exciting game? Email Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org
# # # #
3 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #