npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 2:00 PST 1488020520-1 Tonight as of Feb. 25 3:02 AM PST http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Santa_Barbara.html ... [see map]

Free Newsletter
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com
    17842 Subscribers
      522 Paid (2.9%)
     0 Commenters
     5300 Page Views

Buy Edhat Shirts
Buy Edhat Shirts
Buy Edhat Bags
Buy Edhat Bags
Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat
Buy Edhat Hats
Buy Edhat Hats
News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!

Spousal Military Benefits
updated: Feb 15, 2014, 2:00 PM

Is there a place or someone in Santa Barbara that assists with helping an elderly person file for spousal military benefits? The online forms are very overwhelming, so help,is desperately needed.

Places People Are Talking About:

American LegionAndrew MillerEllory Price

What People Are Saying:

 COMMENT 495103 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-15 02:17 PM

Retiree Affairs Office at Vandenberg. 805-606-5474. Staffed by volunteers, but might come down to you, if really needed and you ask nicely.


 COMMENT 495105 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-15 02:21 PM

Please contact the American Legion. Fighting for military benefits is predominantly what they do.


 COMMENT 495196P agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-15 09:54 PM

Are the benefits still as paltry as they were about ten years ago? When my father passed (a retired colonel making over $70,000 in retirement) my mother was going to get about $500 a month!! We were shocked. Many military spouses (including her) never have a career due to the frequent moves (she moved 27 times). I would have fought it, but sadly, she passed 38 days after he did. The good news was they'd put aside other funds for her retirement (but certainly not $70 K annually!). The even better news is they were together 64 years.


 COMMENT 495213 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-16 06:49 AM

Go to the vet building there is a man who works there that may be able to assist you


 COMMENT 495247 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-16 09:30 AM

Ellory Price


 COMMENT 495366P agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-16 05:29 PM

When my dad died (a 90+ year old retired Lt. Col., Air Force), we were contacted by a "bereavement specialist" at Vandenburg AFB who helped us with the whole thing. The military has figured out that lots of paperwork needs to be done when someone dies, and they have specialists who will do it if you are a retired officer leaving behind a widow or widower. You might want to ask Congresswoman Capps office for assistance with getting to the right government resource.


 COMMENT 495375 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-16 06:08 PM

For Santa Barbara, the Veterans Service Rep is Andrew Miller. His phone # is (805) 681-4500 and he is located at 315 Camino del Remedio, Building 3, room 251. ( I found this info. on the internet...)


 COMMENT 495391 agree helpful negative off topic

2014-02-16 07:16 PM

Andrew Miller is great to work with concerning VA benefits. However his office is closed till February 19th.



Add Your Comments

Edhat Username



Don't have an Account?

Don't know if you have an account?

Don't remember your account info?


ENJOY HAPPY HOUR! ... Between 4:00pm & 5:00pm only happy comment are allowed on the Edhat Comments Board.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.

Hide Your Handle, but show paid status (paid subscribers only)
NEW - use verified name and picture (contact ed@edhat.com to be verified)
Find out About Becoming A Paid Subscriber
NOTE: We are testing a new Comment Preview Page. You must hit OK on the next page to have your comment go live. Send Feedback to ed@edhat.com.

get a handle   |  lost handle




  See more articles like this

# # # #


Send To a Friend
Your Email
Friend's Email

Top of Page | Old News Archives | Printer-Friendly Page

  Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2015  
Edhat, Inc.