Sexual Assault Arrest
updated: Dec 17, 2013, 12:30 PM
Richard Douglas Box, age 69, of Santa Barbara, was arrested for multiple offenses stemming from a sexual assault investigation. There are two female victims in this case.
On December 11, 2013 at 12:54 p.m., officers from the Santa Barbara Police Department responded to a call of a disturbance on the 200 block of Las Ondas. A sexual assault investigation ensued. On December 16, 2013 SBPD Crimes Against Persons Detective Brian Larson obtained a $2,000,000.00 arrest warrant for Box for the following crimes:
· Assault with the intent to commit certain felonies (felony)
· False imprisonment by force, 2 counts (felony)
· Rape (felony)
· Intimidate a witness or victim by force (felony)
· Assault with a deadly weapon (felony)
· Peeping with a concealed camera (misdemeanor)
· Battery (misdemeanor)
· Violation of a court order (misdemeanor)
At 2:30 p.m. on December 16th Box surrendered himself to Detective Larson at SBPD. Box was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail where he was booked on the aforementioned charges.
At this time additional details are being withheld.
# # # #
MUG SHOT GALLERY
32 comments on this article. Read/Add
# # # #