Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 64.3°F | Humidity: 81% | Pressure: 30.13in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15931 Subscribers
      653 Paid (4.1%)
     71 Commenters
     46246 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Paula Lopez Status
updated: Feb 27, 2013, 4:00 PM

KEYT announced Wednesday that anchor Paula Lopez has been reported missing.

Back to Main Story

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 379525 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:07 PM

Oh my gosh! My thoughts and prayers are with the family. Unbelievable!

COMMENT 379529 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:10 PM

Wow, hope she's OK!

COMMENT 379530 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:11 PM

wow! details are vague. How long has she been missing? Gosh I hope she just needed a mental health break from reality and it's not something terrible.

COMMENT 379531P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:11 PM

I hope she is found safe and sound. Thinking of her family & friends during this time of uncertainty

COMMENT 379532 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:12 PM

Isn't this the second time she's been allegedly reported as missing in the last 6 months?

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:19 PM

I'm shocked. Pretty darn high-profile missing person. My best wishes to her and hers.

COMMENT 379539 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:23 PM

Kudos to Noozhawk. Forget the misspelling, this is great reporting!

COMMENT 379540 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:24 PM

Wow! hope she's alright. Best wishes for her safe return.

COMMENT 379542 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:25 PM

Hope she's found safe and sound. According to KEYT: "Santa Barbara County Sheriff Department is leading the effort along with Santa Barbara County Search and Rescue."

COMMENT 379543 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:26 PM

Kudos to Noozhawk? KEYT released a statement.

On her disappearance, very concerning and thoughts are with the family.

COMMENT 379545 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:26 PM

It doesn't say they are asking for the Publics help,or where she was last seen?
Scary.
I hope she is alright,maybe she just needed a break from everything?

COMMENT 379547 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:27 PM

I hope she is found safe!!!

COMMENT 379549 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:28 PM

Horrible news... I hope they find her alive and well.

Any idea how long she's been missing and where she was last seen??

COMMENT 379550 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:29 PM

Let's have some details for Pete's sake! Has she been abducted? Is she missing while traveling? Is foul play suspected? is she missing on her own free will?

COMMENT 379552 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:30 PM

Earlier, SBNP reported a vehicle off the road and into a ravine on West Camino Cielo with no sign of driver.

Hope these two items are not related.

COMMENT 379567P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:50 PM

According to this article in the LA Times Paula is married to Judge Ochoa. I hope this is not connected any court case he is/was involved in. I hope she is found safe.

COMMENT 379569P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:53 PM

I live in Noleta and hear choppers over the foothills. I pray this is not connected to them.

COMMENT 379571 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:55 PM

I think thats what the police helocopter was doing circling around old san marcos pass this afternoon for. she lives somewhere around that area.

COMMENT 379572 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:58 PM

Paula, we hope you are safe...
.Shocked and scared for her.She is married to a high profile Judge..We all love her in Santa Barbara..

COMMENT 379573 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 04:58 PM

KEYT going live asking for your help. Sheriff leading the search, link here: http://bit.ly/YAFz8m Come home safely Paula, Santa Barbara loves you!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:00 PM

I heard the call go out this morning but did not think it was her, now that I know I'm shocked and I hope she is ok..When things are rough HOME is always the best place to be.

COMMENT 379577 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:02 PM

When I saw her do the news no long ago she was having a hard time reading the teleprompter and flubbing nearly every sentence. I was worried and wondering if she was in good health (or intoxicated) because this didn't seem like her.

COMMENT 379578P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:02 PM

Ugh. Please don't be some whacko copy cat. I know she has at least twins. I pray it's not, but it's hard to think otherwise with all the gun violence lately.

COMMENT 379580 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:07 PM

Why hasn't the Sheriff's Department said anything? Is there anything that we can do to help deputies?

COMMENT 379582P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:07 PM

see Edhat they just released a statement from the county

COMMENT 379589 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:18 PM

Please be on the lookout, and if you have any information please contact the Sheriff’s department at (805) 681-4100 - See more at: http://bit.ly/YAFz8m .Come home Paula!

ELAZ agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:39 PM

I pray she will be found unharmed, and soon.

COMMENT 379610 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:48 PM

SallyC I can't open that link...Hoping that Paula is found soon and safe.

COMMENT 379611 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 05:51 PM

She always seemed like an unhappy person. I hope she's found safe. Very sad if she's this troubled.

COMMENT 379624 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:16 PM

9571.... yes, she lives up on Old San Marcus and that seems to be the centre from which the helo search is expanding.

Lot of nastiness going on in our community of late and reporting on it in the news has got to take its toll on people.... look what it does to Roger.

COMMENT 379626 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:20 PM

Missing for less than 24hours? I wonder if her being married to a judge ans anything to do with the manpower the sheriff department is putting towards this. Any normal person would not have all the resources available that she is getting for not having been missing for more than 24hours. I hope her well. But she is definitely getting special treatment.

COMMENT 379628P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:21 PM

The station was recently purchased. I wonder if she was let go and is quite upset about it.

I hope she has had a chance to think things through and is on her way back home. My thoughts go out to her, her family and her friends.

COMMENT 379630P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:22 PM

There is a channel 4 News chopper right over my neighborhood. Been there for hours now. I liv in Noleta.

COMMENT 379634 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:25 PM

379577 I do not understand people like you. Paola has diabetes that is the reason she lost weight, having my self a spouse with such condition I can tell you ..it is very hard to leave with diabetes. It can damage your sight, liver kidney affects your blood pressure and on and on. Educate your self first

COMMENT 379635P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:26 PM

626, I don't think she's getting special treatment. As seen on Edhat this morning, she may have been suicidal.

If her family had reason to fear for her safety, the authorities would respond just as they have for anyone.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:31 PM

That is not special treatment at all they do that for everyone who/s missing..Search and Rescue don't believe me buy a scanner you can hear it for yourself..

COMMENT 379639 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:33 PM

On Keyt site it says she has been found.

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:33 PM

KEYT says she's home and OK

COMMENT 379642P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:33 PM

Safe at home per KEYT

COMMENT 379644 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:34 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!! She was found. Can't a girl go shopping without her phone?

COMMENT 379647 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 06:35 PM

577, you were not the only one to notice her behaviour was "off" during a newscast. I did too recently, and wondered about it at the time. It's not a condemnation, simply an observation. She's a public figure. I hope she is found and that she is safe.

COMMENT 379659 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 07:02 PM

A lot of people noticed that one night when she seemed out of it, or on something during the news.

Not saying she was, just that it was very noticeable and commented about.

Glad to hear she's okay. 634, it's not being insensitive, it's commenting on fact. It very well could've been diabetes related, but all anyone is saying is that she seemed very odd on air recently at least once.

COMMENT 379692 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 08:09 PM

@626, I totally agree. It costs thousands to send a bird up in the sky. I can understand if she was missing for 24 hours, but their family obviously pulled all the cards in the deck. No way would any of us get this kind of treatment.

COMMENT 379711 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 08:59 PM

Maybe she seemed off on the air because her diabetes was giving her trouble? Wishing the best for her and her family.

COMMENT 379717P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-27 10:08 PM

I agree with 626 & 692. If it were you or I they would have made our loved one wait the 72, or is it 48 hours to do Anything let alone pull out a helicopter. Glad she is ok, but please enough with the special treatment, let all of us play by the same rules.

33% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 3 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.