Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 64.0°F | Humidity: 83% | Pressure: 29.89in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15654 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Award Winning Moon
updated: Feb 24, 2013, 8:38 PM

By Dan Seibert

I don't have cable tv so I opted for the moon rise instead of watching the Oscars.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 378283 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-24 10:10 PM

By watching the moon instead of the Oscars you spent your time in a much better way. I didn't. There went three and a half hours of my life I'll never get back. Very nice pic!

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-24 11:33 PM

Spooky. I think I've seen this photo before. :-)
I love every full moon, admired it from my front porch.

But I watched the Oscars this year for the host (I caught the important first 15 minutes which I usually accidentally miss), knowing what I was getting into: light junk fun. I like & admire Seth McFarlane, he sings well, he's handsome, I think he's funny and I love his cartoons. lol
We all know we can always change the channel or turn the box off, so Rex, I think maybe curiosity got the best of you? Hope you got some pleasure out of the show.

COMMENT 378309 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 03:55 AM

YIN YANG: Seth McFarlane is the main reason I watched too and I did think he was funny, but the rest of the show was kind of a snorer. I wish I'd looked out at the moon like Dan did. Oh well, I guess it will be back tonight. The moon, that is.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 08:19 AM

I have cable but was writing the scanner reports don't do the Oscar thang nice picture..

COMMENT 378351 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 08:22 AM

It appears you watched something much more interesting, inspiring and entertaining.

COMMENT 378372 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 08:58 AM

Well done, Dan. This is one of your best images. Love the attention to foreground, middle and background but it's the colour tone that really caught my eye.

I saw the moon rising over the mountains and kicked myself for not being camera ready. Congrats for being there... were you guys out paddling yesterday?

RAINE5360 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 09:09 AM

Great shot!

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 06:11 PM

The moon rise was MUCH better. Oscars were a dud.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 06:19 PM

I don't know who Seth Whats-his-nane is but I found him completely unfunny. (So I guess I did waste all that time).

56% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.