Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 81.7°F | Humidity: 54% | Pressure: 30.03in ( Falling) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 4.5mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15430 Subscribers
      700 Paid (4.5%)
     101 Commenters
     75119 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Pelican Posers
updated: Feb 24, 2013, 8:15 PM

By Gracie Perez

I just wanted to share a few photos of my time at the pier today. The day was beautiful, as always. And, Pelican Steve and Pelican Kevin were the perfect models for me! They were like: "wanna take my photo, it'll cost you one treat"

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 378280P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-24 09:56 PM

NIce! Did you give them a "treat" and if so, what?

COMMENT 378359 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 08:37 AM

Please-Don't feed the wildlife.

COMMENT 378484 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 11:53 AM

These guys are about as tame as can be. Good models.

COMMENT 378560P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 02:38 PM

Whatever you choose to feed them, be sure it is not salted. You will discover how ferocious these ordinarily tame birds can get. A very long time ago I fed one a salted sardine, not knowing any better, and the Pelican showed me his temper. The bird chose to attack me and teach me a lesson which he/she did. If you have read the book "Unbroken" you will appreciate the bird must have been a 3rd year UCLA transfer student and not a graduate of USC.

COMMENT 378586 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-25 03:38 PM

Poster here.
I did not feed them. I can read the signs posted not to feed the birds ;) I did give them a huge 'thank you' smile!

40% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.