Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 65.3°F | Humidity: 88% | Pressure: 29.79in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 0.7mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15583 Subscribers
      700 Paid (4.5%)
     86 Commenters
     81517 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Bike MS
Bike MS

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

First Aid
updated: Feb 22, 2013, 8:33 PM

Where is the best place to take first aid/CPR classes in Santa Barbara?

My job requires I get certifications every 12 months. Help please!

Places People Are Talking About:

Red CrossUCSB Recreation Dept

What People Are Saying:

D8VANILLA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 10:19 PM

American Red Cross on upper state street. I've gone there twice. But, you can also take the course online.
Address: 2707 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 Phone:(805) 687-1331 Hours:
Friday hours 10:00 am–3:00 pm

D8VANILLA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 10:53 PM

Sign up online. The course I take is the Adult/Child First Aid, CPR, AED, AID at the facility on 2707 State street. I do the one day 9a ~ 3:30pm class and get the 2 yr certificate/card $110.

COMMENT 377752P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 12:20 AM

Yes, Red Cross. I got trained through my employer -- by Red Cross.

COMMENT 377757P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 04:23 AM

It's a clean sweep.......The Red Cross!!

COMMENT 377783 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 08:10 AM

If it is for a group (i.e. 10 people), try ernetwork dot com... $65 per student, 2 year certification and they will come to your office!

COMMENT 377788 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 08:16 AM

Years ago when my kids were at The Oaks nursery school, the city Fire Department held a CPR class for Oaks parents, and I don't think it cost anything. I wonder if the Fire Department still does this? If not, it would be a great idea.

COMMENT 377797P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 08:46 AM

Check with Cottage Hospital education department. Sometimes they do classes for nonprofit groups as an outreach project.

COMMENT 377799 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 08:50 AM

What a great question. I should do this.

COMMENT 377802 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 09:09 AM

I would recommend either the Red Cross or perhaps the YMCA.

COMMENT 377807 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 09:22 AM

Funny that you should ask - this is something that we all should know how to do - think of the many people who die while bystanders watch and do nothing either because they don't know how and feel helpless or because they are scared of getting sued (I know, that is pathetic but some operate on that mentality - just like the worms in our government around here). Anyway, CPR training should be offered super low cost. Instead the Red Cross is a complete rip off and it is a money maker for this corrupt organization.

COMMENT 377809P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 09:23 AM

It's good to do the refresher courses, becuause they keep changing the recommended techniques.

COMMENT 377823 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 10:30 AM

7807... wanting something for nothing is corrupt.

COMMENT 377847 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 11:35 AM

UCSB Recreation Dept. Offered quarterly thru Leisure Review program.

COMMENT 377861 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 12:29 PM

Yes, now it's compression only, no breaths. I tried it at the senior fair and I have arthritis in my right hand, so would be pretty useless. Those compressions have to be hard.

COMMENT 377897P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 04:09 PM

Another vote for the Red Cross. You can sign up online. There are online courses, but employers won't (and shouldn't) accept those. It really needs to be done in the real world.