Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 64.2°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 30.00in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 2.2mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15435 Subscribers
      697 Paid (4.5%)
     1 Commenters
     797 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Onramp Arrest
updated: Feb 22, 2013, 2:20 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

Man being arrested at the 217/101 onramp in Goleta around 12:15 on Friday. Two officers were handcuffing a Hispanic male aprox 25 - 30 y.o. Perhaps a transient.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 377578 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 02:48 PM

Important stuff for you scanner people to know.

COMMENT 377588 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 02:55 PM

Rare event.

COMMENT 377591 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:00 PM

Did you happen to notice what kind of shoes he was wearing? My brother-in-law was a police officer and says that he always looks at the shoes. I guess it's kind of like the eyes are the windows to the sole.

COMMENT 377599 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:15 PM

Congrats?

COMMENT 377601P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:18 PM

What did you witness?

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:22 PM

Gads with my shoes I'd get 20 to life..

COMMENT 377613 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:31 PM

Working downtown I see an arrest on average about every other month. This sort of stuff doesn't phase me like it used to.

COMMENT 377619 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 03:56 PM

591 that's funny when I was single and dating I used to always check out a guys shoes first. A persons shoes say a lot about them.

COMMENT 377627 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 04:17 PM

Wow, I'm glad I know this.

Now, let's say we start a conversation about what we THINK this person did to be arrested.

COMMENT 377633 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 04:27 PM

Sure 627, I think it had something to do with his shoes. That wasn't very imaginative was it? Hmmm....new topic.

COMMENT 377645 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 05:01 PM

C'mon guys, ease up. The OP is probably new and is just contributing like so many others contribute. The only difference is that there were no pics to critique.

COMMENT 377657P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 05:50 PM

Yeah. I was looking for a pic. And why isn't someone cataloguing all the signs? I think, in future, we will want to look back at these individuals and their little cardboard epigrams. My favorite this week starts out: "Single mom . . ."

COMMENT 377658 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 05:50 PM

Great job! I'm sure he was gang related and they stopped
A even more greater potential threat to everyone's safety!

COMMENT 377660P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 05:54 PM

Roger did you hear anything about a bike rider down at State & Alamar around 4:45? Couldn't tell if a car had hit them or if they had crashed, came on it just after it happened and there were already a lot of people pulled over trying to help

COMMENT 377668 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 06:04 PM

inside info states this guy was arrested relating to a crime in nevada. he will picked up by las vegas authorities on monday. he is a 34 year old male charged with several crimes. he was stopped after someone called 911 saying he had a gun. stay tuned.

COMMENT 377683 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 06:48 PM

Shoes? Wow never heard that one before. I wear the same shoes every day.

COMMENT 377685 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 07:02 PM

The police arrested someone. Oh, the horror.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 07:16 PM

I was looking for one of the cats late afternoon missed saome but heard of the Black Range Rover with paper plates that was 400 Block of West Alamar? Truck matched discription of Las Vegas shooters vehicle.

COMMENT 377694 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 07:32 PM

Lunar eclipse like scenario.

COMMENT 377717 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 08:25 PM

I'd like to hear about the shoe-profiling thing. What shoes mean what?

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 08:40 PM

I report what I hear and I heard black Range Rover with paper plates 400 West Alamar if your going to call me names I prefer Roger. PS No code reds on sightings..You assume I assume everyone ASSUMES!

COMMENT 377725P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 08:43 PM

I saw a black SUV where the bike rider was hit, or crashed, but no clue about if it matched the Vegas vehicle. Hope the psychos aren't here!

COMMENT 377741P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-22 11:00 PM

They said the Vegas Range Rover RR guy was Black. The passenger was shooting and he was Black. Geez, the last time I took a picture and sent to EdHat, while sitting in my car, everyone JUMPED me for taking a picture while in my car!!!

Yep, I'm gonna hide my handle for this one!!!

COMMENT 377806 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 09:18 AM

I think we need a discussion on the shoe thing, do people really judge me by my shoes. What if I wear flip-flops all the time, or worse no shoes.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 10:21 AM

I didn't hear weather the passangers were red, white, blue, purple, pink or maroon maybe they were teal? the Range Rover was black with paper plates..Too bad theres no tri tip and bbq chicken on those plates..

COMMENT 377837 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-23 11:03 AM

7741... you don't get that driving while photographing is as dangerous as driving while texting! Seriously, the Edhat community would be happier knowing you are driving safely than taking pictures and risking lives for their entertainment. I hope you get that.

35% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.