Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 60.3°F | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 29.93in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15816 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Scanner Reports 2-20-13
updated: Feb 20, 2013, 7:00 AM

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Hey it's Happy Humpster Day, Wednesday!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. The other day I had a little disagreement with someone I can't remember whom it twas (there are so many). Anyway this person made a comment that was supposed to make me look like a real ars. I can do that all by myself I don't need any help but Thank You. This was concerning warehousing the Homeless on Work Farms, those were their words. As if I thought the Homeless should live on Work Farms. I guess the comment was supposed to make me look like I have no compassion for the Homeless because I agreed with someone's suggestion of turning old military bases into Homeless communities. Actually I have a lot of compassion for the truly homeless who need help, and also the Houseless those whom choose to live off the Land. As long as they are somewhat Law Abiding. I do believe in a structured program for those wishing to get on their feet as I went through a couple and they worked for me and I have seen them work for otters too. Personally I would love to live out there on one of those old abandoned military bases myself it sounds like a HELL of a lot of fun to me. Working the Land for a few bucks a month, room and board; where do I sign up?

When I was 22 I went to New House it was up by the county jail on County Hospital Property. There was a manager there who was a real jerk he gave me all kinds of jobs to do on the property. I was the youngest one there, not very well liked at first. I think this guy John was trying to make me mad so I'd give up and go out and drink. I really wanted to try and stay sober because every time I drank I'd get into trouble. That is no way to get drunk and have a good time. I did everything he ordered me to do. I hated it and I hated John but I stayed sober. I wanted so bad to give up get a sleeping bag and a tent go live off the land but that would only lead me to the drink, and I'm really not much fun to drink with. After a few weeks of living at New House I loved all my little jobs because they kept me out of trouble so yes I believe in a tough structured program for those wanting to break bad habits.

I agree with my friend Shakey open up those old military bases. I think Anyone not just Homeless people should go but anyone that either wants to needing help, or people continually offending the law, as well as homeless that continually offend the Law. Those that would just want to get on their feet and go back to work, or start to work. A place like that could do so much for someone wanting to get back on track. The houseless people I don't like are criminal in nature, have no respect for anyone, live by intimidation, stealing, bullying, raping, hurting otters that cannot fight back. I don't believe in a structured program for them. I believe in a structured Wood Chipper. Of course nowadaze things are different. It seems to me that the criminal has more rights than the citizen. That tells me that need be I have protect my own. I will if I have to I won't go out of my way to do so but if I have to protect myself, my cat, a loved one, or a neighbor, or friend I will if I have to and if I go to prison so be it. Maybe that is the Goal of our Nude world Odor shove the citizen in the joint and let the criminals rule the world.

Here is thy blessed Scanner Reports: Monday:

• First thing I heard real early in the morning sounded like an attempted burglary at Ralph's 100 Block of West Carrillo. It was around 4:30 in the morning something was said about two suspicious subjects then a moment or so later an alarm went off. The description was two men wearing hoodies and beanies under the hoodies they caught up with one feller matching their description in the 400 Block of West Anapamu. I don't know if he was one of the attempters.
  • 242 Assault in the 400 Block of East Ortega.
  • Injury Traffic accident 900 Block of Quinientos.
  • 594 Vandalism in Chase Palm Park.
  • Illegal Campers behind the 200 Block of South Milpas raising Hell Hooping Hollering stealing things that don't belong to them, intimidating, aggressive panhandling, I've been told these fellas were recently paroled as part of the overcrowding problem in our prisons coming to your neighbor near you.
  • 415 Argument near the .99 cent store in the 400 Block of State Street.
  • Premise check near the Monterey apartments.
  • 111 West Quinto Subject down in the planter throw some water on him there should be a few more this spring.
  • 242 Assault in the 1200 Block of Chapala Street.
  • Fire Call for a wash down behind the 1200 Block of Chapala.
  • 415, 5150 raising HELL 1900 Block of Sheridan.
  • Debris in the lanes of da freeway 101 Southbound just North of Garden.
  • Assist the gang units with transportation in the 1500 Block of San Pasqual.
  • Warming Fire on the RR Tracks in Goleta in the La Patera area county fire responded put it out. I don't know if the camper received a ticket or not.
  • 459 Burglary to a residence 1800 Block of DLV.
  • Medical emergency Cacique Street shelter unresponsive male.
  • Someone started a fire on the sidewalk 100 West Carrillo SBFD Requested SBPD I don't know if the fire was a warming fire or what?

Scanner Reports, Tuesday:

• 1200 Block of Gillespie Medical Emergency for code blue.
  • 459 Burglary to an auto at Westmont College.
  • 415 Co-Workers 300 Block of Lynda Road.
  • Suspicious circumstances in the 200 Block of APS.
  • Abandoned motor home 200 Block of Grey Ave. when police got there it was gone.
  • Somewhere in the county there was a 459 Burglary to a vehicle where a purse was stolen, and a windshield on a car was smashed outside a church.
  • Vehicle accident in Cuyama on highway 166 a semi vs a pickup truck.
  • 4100 Block of Constellation 484 Theft from the back of a truck.
  • 5150 Transport from Cottage Hospital to PHF Patient requires to be restrained.
  • Check the welfare of a transient inside a vacant building in the 4200 Block of State Street, possibly slumped over medics responding.
  • 484 Theft investigation at the gas station 3898 State Street.
  • Medical emergency for a subject down unconscious 3855 State Street.
  • Check the Welfare of a Hispanic male adult, walking North on State from the 2000 Block with a finger Ouchy! Turns out the subject was possibly breaking into a vehicle when the dog that was inside bit him. Or so this is what I've gathered. I don't know if they caught up with the VICTIM of the dog bite but I heard that the VICTIM of the possible vehicle burglary, was at the police station and animal control was responding.
  • Illegal Burn warming fire on the steps of Chase Bank in the 1300 Block of State Street. Warming fire on the steps of the bank? Does someone have money to burn?

Will that's it outta me for now I have my opinions and you have yours if mine bother you so much don't read them no one's twisting your arm. Anyway have a great Hump Day and Dog Willing We will see you on FRYday. Roger

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 376527P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 09:54 AM

As always, thank you Roger for what you do. And I love the wood chipper comment!

COMMENT 376534P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 10:03 AM

Roger, considering the fact that you have walked a mile in their shoes, I would take your views on how to handle the homeless before any bleeding heart liberal with no idea at all of what the problems they may have really are.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 11:41 AM

Last night there was a call at 211 South Milpas for 3 code 40's in the elevator entrence raising cain. After the police left I heard a commotion in my driveway went out acouple moments later after I added a weapon to my attire and found no one. At aprox. 4:30AM My neighbor reported to me that someone had attemptted to gain entry into her home. It looked more like someone had been behind her home..I will work with all agencies to bring a peaceful end to this problem however if one of them shall strike first I'm going to hold one down and fart in his ear. As far as the otter bleeding heart phoneys I suspect before they start their daily rage with me they will post addresses and phone numbers so I can tell these housesless crooks where the compassionate people live.

COMMENT 376650P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 12:16 PM

You're referring to a comment I made. Here's the exchange, your comment and my response.
    How is this in _any_ way trying to make you look bad? I asked an honest question. You have often railed against what you see as "forced confinement," no? Why does it seem that _want_ to be offended? I hope Edhat will indulge me re the "no quote" rule, one I've never really understood.
    I'm sure you can easily find the rest of the comments on that thread (and the earlier one I referenced) , including your vulgar retort to my question.

You know what really irks me about Santa Barbara? If you do good things like employ acouple people, donate some money you can do just about anything you want and no one seems to care. I'm not just talking about Oprah either there are others many others who do things break the law but it's ok they are good people they do good things..Of course if your homeless or poor your a piece of poo poo no wonder Santa Barbara is going down hill..

RD: How does your last sentence jibe with your earlier endorsement of Shaky's idea about what sounds like a forced work camp for the homeless? Please don't get your hackles up, am just asking a question and, yes, you do have a right to your opinion as do we all.

COMMENT 376697 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 01:31 PM

You tell em, Roger! For every troll, there are AT LEAST 100 people with the opposite opinion, guarantee it.

COMMENT 376724 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 02:31 PM

You scanner people are funny.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 05:51 PM

Just keep your hands off my chickens man...

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 05:56 PM

Wait a minute there Your the one that called it a FORCED WORK CAMP Not me! It would be no such thing..If they wanted to stay in Santa Barbara and be supported by all of the loving and compassionate fine by me..Don't stick words in my mouth I'm not kinky. Nanny I don't think it's write of you to delete me when I'm trying to say something you no how hard it is to start my brain..

SHAKEY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-20 06:32 PM

Ha ha, not forced just an option !! A lot of those bases have housing on them and it seems like a good way to keep Gov. and State money recycled back to them. And also most Dr's , RN's, PD & SD's and a lot of other jobs have to go through some kind of inturnship and this seems like a good way to do it. Also to train some of the residents that would like to learn a new skill.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-21 06:47 AM

I love how people put words in your mouth assuming your the way they want you to be forced work camp and I fell for it..I was checking out a vacant house on Milpas the other day where squatters had busted into it the damage they caused the home might have to be comdemned. It's horrible a shelter that could house a family destroyed.. jackashes

80% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 3 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.