Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 67.1°F | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 29.96in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 8.3mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15841 Subscribers

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tree Fire
updated: Feb 16, 2013, 9:27 PM

Tree Fire on Hwy 101 southbound at Carrillo. Two engines are responding.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:29 PM

Engines 5 and 6 responding..

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:29 PM

To the rear of 518 West Canon Perdido also 50 Reporting Parties..WOW!

COMMENT 375238P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:30 PM

Just heard an engine honking with siren pull over near Mission & 101.

More sirens coming

At this point, I'm really glad it's supposed to rain this coming week!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:32 PM

Palm Tree Fire..I wish it would rain now I don't feel good enough to stay up all night.

COMMENT 375241P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:33 PM

CHP Info

PLS do not read if it is unreadable.

Incident: 00329 Type: Report of Location: US101 S / US101 S CARRILLO ST OFR Detail Information
9:25 PM 1 [2] PALM TREE ON FIRE ON SOUTH SIDE OF FRWY / XFER SBPD FOR FIRE
Unit Information
9:26 PM 4 Unit Assigned
9:26 PM 3 Unit Enroute
9:29 PM 2 Unit Assigned
9:30 PM 1 Unit Enroute

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:33 PM

CHP Responding to close the Carrillo Off Ramp..Tree is next to power lines notify Edison..

COMMENT 375243P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:35 PM

Hope it's not the same perp who did the Loma Alta fire earlier if this was arson as well.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:40 PM

3 Fires tonight got a report of a jerk throwing rocks at cars in the Carrillo underpass..Fire alsao reporting homeless camp in area.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:44 PM

Closing offramp Media on scene..

COMMENT 375249P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:45 PM

This is easy stuff, it's good to happen in the city. You locals know what I mean, no?
I promise to say no more about the issue. some locals who have been through it may do the same or spread the thought. It might even make a bit of difference to some bad person...

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:46 PM

huh?

COMMENT 375251P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 09:53 PM

Roger, fire bugs like publicity. News is good, I'm just not going to comment on fires, personally, so that I don't feed a possible fire bug.

COMMENT 375252P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:00 PM

Roger, in case I wasn't clear, You, by monitoring a scanner and posting news and red alerts, are a useful resource and a newsmaker.

I, by linking to a highly public CHP news site, in response to your alert post, am not.

And I intend not to add to the speculation this news will bring on, because the rest of it WILL be speculation. I am pledging not to add to the conversation.

Thanks for what you do, Roger. hope you sleep well. :-)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:10 PM

I don't post all the information Including suspect information. I know criminals love the media I used to be a criminal. So thee torch lights the fire it gets reported fires on the way sirens all over the place Media is going to report. When media reports people listen if the incident is in their hood they watch. There were 50 reporting parties on the tree fire sooner or later someone will see the torch and he,she,it, whatever will ge caught. Thanks I hope I sleep too..

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:11 PM

Still putting water on the fire..

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:17 PM

Embers still burning behind 500 West Canon Perdido..I'm going to go over and out here Hopefully there will be no more tonight..

COMMENT 375256P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:18 PM

And a helicopter delivery to Cottage from the north at 10:11 p.m.

COMMENT 375257P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:20 PM

238 - easy stuff? Good to happen in the city? Huh?????

ECHO agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 10:36 PM

Roger, there are many of us that truly appreciate your reports and updates about what is going on in this city. It is obvious from your scanner reports that you don't post everything, and You are the first to point out that you are leaving out specific information when it will hurt the investigation or those involved. I can say that I check edhat often, several times a day. 95% of the time I'm looking to see if you have anything reported. This is the first site I go to for information. When we've had the fires, I followed your feed, and the comments from your readers, instead of looking on the "news" sites. Thank you for your time and efforts.

D8VANILLA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 11:02 PM

@249 - Step away from the bottle. Can't understand what you are say'n

@Roger - glad you posted the info. I live in the area and heard all the sirens, and now I know what happened. Thanks - you rock

COMMENT 375260P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 11:06 PM

I'm thinking there's a language problem here. Maybe, an exchange student on the board tonight practicing their English.

ZEBRA STRIPES agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 11:13 PM

Thanks Rodger. I saw this roman candle, and figured you would have a scanner report. Glad it was handled quickly. It's a wonderful community enhancement to have Edhat.

COMMENT 375264P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-17 01:15 AM

249 here. I was trying to be low key, and I explained myself. Better it happen on Carrillo southbound offramp than in the mountains, IF it is an arsonist. It was probably a warming fire or cigarette out the window.

Sorry to light the figurative flame fires on the board.

I do not want to give attention to the issue if it is an arsonist.

Got the messages, I'll shut up. I thought some people who have lived here for decades, especially through the arson-caused, murderous Painted Cave fire, might possibly get what I was saying. I realize this is not a site for subtlety. My apologies.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-17 06:30 AM

I thought that might be what you were doing but it wasfunny...heeheehee..So was there a roman candle involved in the tree fire? Someone wrote they saw a roman candle.

COMMENT 375287P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-17 07:28 AM

I look forward to the coming rain this week.

100% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.