Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 62.6°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 29.87in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 3.1mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15561 Subscribers
      699 Paid (4.5%)
     12 Commenters
     27503 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Bike MS
Bike MS

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

SB Airport Travel Deals
updated: Feb 14, 2013, 4:45 PM

I would like to know what sort of travel deals come and go from the airport in Santa Barbara. I know I can go to Kayak etc, but how about a website that would let me know where I can go from Santa Barbara within a few days.

There are times in my business where I can "get away" for a week or so and would like to be tempted with choices without needing to have a specific destination in mind.

Any suggestions?

COMMENT 374567P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 06:16 PM

The only thing I can think of is a really good travel agent.

COMMENT 374573 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 06:30 PM

Since United is our primary carrier, sign up for their weekly travel deal email and enter Santa Barbara as your home airport.

COMMENT 374577P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 06:41 PM

The great deal is that if you fly out of SBA you don't have to fly out of LAX. You can arrive an hour before your flight and still have time to relax before departure.

COMMENT 374586 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 07:35 PM

Register with the airlines that travel out of the airport.

COMMENT 374593 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 07:51 PM

I get the weekly United emails. Unfortunately there are no travel deals on the weekly emails that originate in Santa Barbara.

That doesn't mean that you can't get a good deal, however.

I'm going round trip from Santa Barbara to Boston in March for $371.

Just get on the website daily and check prices and be ready to jump on what looks good.

Happy trails to you.

COMMENT 374609P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 11:30 PM

Whatever travel deals you find, keep in mind that flights later in the day are more likely to be delayed or cancelled. Really messed up my recent international flights from SBA. Hurriedly had to take the Airbus on short notice and United, nor their insurance carrier Allianz consider that there's compensation due. Just for the Airbus, not for hassles, inconveniences. Unbelievable they get away with it. Also note with travel insurance often you don't know what it covers for sure until a claim is filed.

COMMENT 374615P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-15 05:52 AM

United usually has a weekend efare to San Francisco for 160 RT (travel Sat return Mon or Tues)

You also might check out the flyertalk.com forum they have a section where they post deals, while not unique to Santa Barbara I've routed in from here on some good cross country ones. SBA is usually a premium on those of $100 or so but when I consider gas and headache of LAX it still feels like a discount.

COMMENT 374628 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-15 07:33 AM

I know there's at least one website designed for the purpose of alerting you when cheap fares flying from your airport (to anywhere) come up. I can't remember the name of the website, but if you google the concept you may find it.

GOLETAPIO agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-15 09:25 AM

Sign up with FareCompare dot com.

FANGIRL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-15 11:28 AM

Also United has an e-fare program that cuts their fares way down the week before a weekend flight. You have to travel on a Friday or Saturday and return on a Monday or Tuesday. You can check it out on their website.