Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 65.3°F | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 29.87in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  Viva la Fiesta! Send your fiesta photos to ed@edhat.com login  twitter  facebook  RSS

15438 Subscribers
      700 Paid (4.5%)
     178 Commenters
     111610 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

SBA C-130
updated: Feb 13, 2013, 12:42 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

A C-130 aircraft was performing touch and goes at Santa Barbara Airport around Wednesday noon. From the tail insignia, this aircraft is based out of the VX-30 Air Test and Evaluation Squadron, Point Mugu.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 374063 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 01:33 PM

Saw it there Tuesday also. Great aircraft!

COMMENT 374094 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 02:36 PM

It was sumthin' to have 'em fly over me casita and nearly give my trees a buzz cut. Too bad they didn't come back as I had my camera ready to shoot them.

COMMENT 374103 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 03:17 PM

"C-130 rollin down the strip,Airborne Daddy gonna take a little trip..Stand-up, Hook-up shuffle to the door, jump right out & count to 4..And if my chute don`t open wide, I gotta nuther-one by my side..but if that one should fail me too, watch-out ground I`m comin through..Bury me in the "leanin rest", tell my Momma I did my best"...Aooorah.

COMMENT 374121 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 04:06 PM

I saw it too! Was flying very low and was making turns that seemed unusual to me. Cute chubby plane!

COMMENT 374244 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 07:22 AM

c130 touch and goes in paso robles and san luis obispo same day also c130 major manuvers fort hunter liggett and airforce dropping anti radar chaff all over state.

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 09:45 AM

they hit the SLO airport McChesney Field on Monday. Quite a sight seeing that huge plane lift it's belly right over SLO!

17% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.