Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 56.1°F | Humidity: 91% | Pressure: 30.02in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 3.8mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

Endocrinologist for Hashimoto's
updated: Feb 12, 2013, 4:08 PM

I need a referral for an endocrinologist for the treatment of Hashimoto's. Thank you.

Places People Are Talking About:

Dr. Chris DonnerDr. Daniel BergerDr. Mark Wilson

What People Are Saying:

COMMENT 373807P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:22 PM

Daniel Berger at Sansum. Pleasant fellow; takes a long time to get a first appointment.

COMMENT 373820 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:41 PM

There are a few wonderful Dr's and NP's at Sansum Clinic. I see Rosanna Petronella, PA.

COMMENT 373822P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:43 PM

Nobody better nor more highly trained than Rabindra Braganza M.D. at Sansum. He is the best in SB

COMMENT 373824 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:45 PM

Braganza is an ENT. He is NOT an endocrinologist.

My goodness, get your facts straight before recommending a doctor to someone here.

COMMENT 373833 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:59 PM

Although, he's in Ventura, Ronald Chochinov is an excellent Endocrinologist. 805 667-3909. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease back in 97, & he has been treating me ever since. Couldn't ask for a better doctor, that's why I still go to Ventura to see him. Good luck

COMMENT 373852 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 06:02 PM

Another rec for Dr. Daniel Berger.

COMMENT 373859 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 06:35 PM

Roseanna Petronella gets my vote she's Dr Donner's PA

GEEZERSGIRL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 06:56 PM

Dr Donner is my endo and he is fantastic. He has seen me through my Hashimoto's and subsequent thyroid papillary carcinoma. He is thorough and caring.

COMMENT 373869 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 07:14 PM

Dr Donner is my doctor also ,very kind and caring person

COMMENT 373873P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 07:31 PM

Another vote for Dr Dan Berger.

COMMENT 373878 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 07:55 PM

Another vote for Dr. Christopher Donner at Sansum. One of the most caring doctors you will ever find.

COMMENT 373903P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 11:40 PM

Dr. Mark Wilson, also of sansum. I'm not fan of sansum generally but they do have some wonderful docs and he is one of them. Dr. Wilson diagnosed and treated my wife for thyroid cancer. His advice was cogent, he was a caring and a very effective practitioner and has remained so for the 5yrs of followup.

COMMENT 373923P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 07:27 AM

Dr. Mark Wilson at Sansum--on top of the knowledge, warm and personable bed-side manner. Highly recommended.

COMMENT 373943 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 08:30 AM

Not the "OP" ,but I thank you all for your info. I was diagnosed w/ Hashimoto`s disease after radiation for neck cancer. I was placed on a thyrozine..that`s it. My endo. was Dr. "Anon" at Cottage. I stopped taking the pills [adverse reactions] after 6mos & feel better than when I was on them, but I will go to Sansum for a check-up thanks to your recomendations.

COMMENT 373969 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 09:48 AM

Here's another recommendation for Dr. Mark Wilson.

COMMENT 373991 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 10:53 AM

Dr. Chris Donner. He has been my endocrinologist for my thyroid issues for 20 years and is a very caring and informed doctor. I highly recommend him.

COMMENT 374032 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 12:30 PM

Rosanna at Sansum is AMAZING but unless you have her 1st appt in the morning or her 1st appt after lunch you could end up waiting hours to see her. She really takes her time with her patients, which is great if you are one of the 1st patients but the wait is never fun!

COMMENT 374081 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 01:59 PM

Dr. Salman Haq at Sansum, trained at Cedars Sinai ~ is smart, kind and caring.

COMMENT 374102 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 03:14 PM

Dr. Chris Donner at Sansum is excellent. I had Hashimoto's and recommend him without hesitation.

COMMENT 374109 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 03:23 PM

Did you know that 30% of Americans have nodules in their thyroid? I wish I did before spending so much $$$$. I used Chris Donner and he was a good Dr. I wish he would have explained that all the test were to keep him from being in court vs what was actually needed.

Our system sucks. For profit medicine sucks.

COMMENT 374144P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 05:15 PM

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a very common condition. Your regular Internal Medicine physician can take care of it. Rarely is it necessary to involve another physician such as an Endocrinologist.

COMMENT 374258 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 07:50 AM

102: HAD Hashimoto's? Is that the type of thing that goes away?

GEEZERSGIRL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 09:06 AM

I disagree with #109. The extra testing that was performed was what led Dr. Donner to discover 3 cancerous tumors in my thyroid. I do agree that for profit medicine sucks and that our system is broken.