Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 63.5°F | Humidity: 92% | Pressure: 29.89in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 0.7mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  Viva la Fiesta! Send your fiesta photos to ed@edhat.com login  twitter  facebook  RSS

15438 Subscribers
      699 Paid (4.5%)
     0 Commenters
     930 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

Medical Alert Bracelet
updated: Feb 12, 2013, 12:02 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a medical alert bracelet locally for one of my patients? He is older and wouldn't feel comfortable ordering one online. I called Sansum Pharmacy and they didn't know of anywhere.

Places People Are Talking About:

Federal Drug

What People Are Saying:

COMMENT 373717 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 12:10 PM

I'd call various pharmacies. I thought I saw them at Caldwell's (across from Sansum), but that could have been a while ago or I could be mistaken.

COMMENT 373722 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 12:19 PM

How about Federal Drug at Los Positas and State

COMMENT 373727 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 12:44 PM

I did not feel I wanted to pay the amount they wanted at the local pharmacies, so I typed in medical alert (I wanted a necklace but you'd type bracelet) in eBay. There are many styles and vendors to choose from with good prices. We were pleased with the ones we bought.

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 01:21 PM

I would suggest calling the Visiting Nurse Assoc. to see if they would know.

Good luck. And I think it is nice of you to help your patient.

COMMENT 373750 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 01:27 PM

Wait, you're a doctor and you don't know where to get these?

You can order them through Caldwell or Sansum pharmacies. Call the pharmacy directly, not the main number.

COMMENT 373772 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 02:50 PM

Pet shop dog tags work well too.

COMMENT 373800P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-12 04:09 PM

750 OP here, I am not this patients doctor, I am his doctor's eyes and ears (and sometimes heart). As a member of his health care team, it is my privilege and desire to recommend services and local resources that will enable him to live safely in his home and our community. A medical alert bracelet will help first responders better direct care for him as he is schizophrenic and an insulin dependent diabetic.

COMMENT 373940P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 08:23 AM

I wouldn't use a dog tag. The official bracelets have a look that rescue people recognize and are led to check, but a dog tag bracelet just looks like an odd fashion statement.

SBALAX agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-13 01:59 PM

I was at Prescription Pharmacy at the Sansum Pesetas location today when someone (The OP?) came in asking about them. They don't sell them but have information about ordering them by phone or mail.

COMMENT 374221P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-14 02:15 AM

I am a caregiver. Suggestions for a name other than "patient would be good."

This is personal so I hope you can see what I mean--

Client is used a lot, OP and critics. So is Patient. It sounds like a money relationship, but I think Hospice uses it, and the word patient. As a family caregiver, I see the down side! I've used some local services and 'client' is a good term. But when they're dying they're a patient.

I know I'm not the only person here who deals with this.

"client" may sound bad. I use patient or client or their first names, or MOM and DAD, AUNT and UNCLE. Give us better ideas for names please

Bless you, OP. Thank you so much for caring so much. I would do what you do.

family caregivers thank people like you. Lots will get there and lots will never have that contact, connection and Responsibility. they just won't get it.

it can be Horrible, but how can family ignore it? I can't, and the same is true of hundreds, proabaly thousands of neighbors.
I know my family's lucky to have me helping and knowing a lot. everyone needs written last wishes.

Hope this gets read tho its old. Hope it makes some people to act. and maybe be extra compassionat

and if you need life alert button (help i fell and can't get up) call cottage hospital!! they do it with volunteers, pretty affordable.

get a big bright poster in the house about meds and medical problems, put it on the refrigerator, the emergency people say.
there must be local places to make or sell the bracelets! And have a note in the wallet or purs

Comments on this thread are only open to Community Members.

# # # #