npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 64.2°F | Humidity: 29% | Pressure: 30.02in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 3.2mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
  login You create the news! Send items of interest to ed@edhat.com
    16971 Subscribers
      626 Paid (3.7%)
     78 Commenters
     44172 Page Views

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat
News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Smoking Transformer
updated: Feb 09, 2013, 2:36 PM

Transformer blown and smoking near Cliff Drive at Yankee Farm Road. Wires are down by Allen Road.

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 02:37 PM

Cliff Drive Engines 5 and 6 Responding...

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 02:41 PM

Engine 6 on scene, Engine 5 on scene sees nothing investigating..The transformer is closer to Hope Ranch on Cliff drive.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 02:45 PM

Will in case your power is out maybe this has something to do with it..Power is out on Allen Road, and at a Chopping center on the Mesa..Roger over and out for now..

COMMENT 372637 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 02:57 PM

So that's why we had a power surge...

COMMENT 372673 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 05:50 PM

Boathouse closed

COMMENT 372681 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 06:28 PM

Second time in a row I got screwed while doing laundry at the Mesa Laundromat. Couple weeks ago they had a burst water line and a flood and my wash was halfway done washing. That was a drag toting 150 lbs of wet laundry to another laundromat. This time the power outage happened while my clothes were in the dryer, and mostly dry. The good thing is that the worker there had no problems reimbursing me in both occurrances.

COMMENT 372704P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:00 PM

Not snark- sorry 681. It's like trying to save food money with no cooking or freezing ability.

COMMENT 372771P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 05:13 AM

681, hehe, makes me glad I had my laundry done by 9 am yesterday.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 06:01 AM

I wish I'd get screwed while doing my laundry...

67% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.