Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 48.8°F | Humidity: 100% | Pressure: 30.14in (Rising) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise

15929 Subscribers
      652 Paid (4.1%)
     20 Commenters
     24244 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Tell them you found them on Edhat!
www.edhat.com/referrals

Dryer Vent Clean Out
updated: Feb 08, 2013, 8:24 PM

Looking for a referral for a reasonably priced dryer vent clean out.

Places People Are Talking About:

Lowell Dubbels

What People Are Saying:

COMMENT 372467 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-08 09:38 PM

How long is the distance from dryer to outside? It can be a pretty easy fix with a wire hanger. I understand if you don't want to or can't do it yourself, but any cleaning person or handyman might be able to do it more cost effectively than a dedicated vent or duct cleaning service. Often there is one spot that has built up lint, and all it takes is knocking it loose.
Good luck!

COMMENT 372480P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-08 10:52 PM

I bought a dryer vent cleaner for about $15.... it's like 12' heavy flex wire with a brush on one end and a handle on the other end. Dryers are very light weight and can be easily moved to access the vent. Send the handle thru the vent first and pull it out from the outside. Then, I send it thru from the outside also. Really easy. And, I'm a girl and I can do it myself!!!

COMMENT 372489P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 04:50 AM

Yeah, what they said!

EZ2 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 06:44 AM

Lowell Dubbels 563-0661

COMMENT 372500 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:15 AM

Lowell Dubbels, 563-0661

COMMENT 372510 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:46 AM

We also bought a dryer vent cleaning kit and were able to quickly and easily do it ourselves.

COMMENT 372595 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 12:26 PM

When we have our chimneys cleaned by Lowell Dubbels we also have him clean the dryer vents. He is the best in both areas in our opinion.....honest, reliable and been around a long time in SB.

COMMENT 372737 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 08:08 PM

Lint lizard!!!

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 11:26 AM

I'm an older 'girl'; I use my "Webster" (long pole with a round brush on the end for cleaning spider webs) but I have to say, sometimes it's not so easy to move a dryer. I hurt my back last week doing just this. It was stuck between the proverbial Rock and Hard Spot so it took some muscle, and much jimmying back and forth.

Then to squeeze behind the dryer to unhook the vent hose, and vac out the vent coming out of the dryer. I used the webster from the outside, as it's a straight shot inwards to the elbow. I used my leaf blower to blow out the last dust from the inside. I had to replace the flexi-elbow connection as it was starting to get pinholes in it. I got it at Ace, and reconnected it myself, but next time, I'm having my handyman do it. If you have a kindly neighbor, maybe they can do the hard parts for you. There's always a way to 'pay' back favors like this. (I bake a lot)

COMMENT 372844P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 11:33 AM

Twice now in the last couple of years, I've had a mouse climb in the flappy vent cover and build himself a home in the dryer housing somewhere. They chewed through the vent screen and got into the dryer drum, helping themselves to bits of clean t-shirts!. This time I brushed and cleaned everything out , then built a wire cage to fit into the exit vent at the outside wall, using two downspout leaf guards (expanded aluminum mesh) from the hardware store. I fashioned a wire pull handle so I can pull it out and clean it as necessary. No more mousies!