Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 46.6°F | Humidity: 100% | Pressure: 30.15in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this
Created In SB

Super Saturate Me
updated: Feb 08, 2013, 8:20 PM

By Brian Peddicord (CreatedinSB)

Brian Peddicord captured tonight's gorgeous and cloudy sunset along with some dogs at the Douglas Family Preserve.

Filmed on a Canon Rebel T3i in 30fps and edited/saturation enhanced with Final Cut Pro X.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 372465 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-08 08:31 PM

Phenomenal subject. Phenomenal sunset. Phenomenal pictures. Good job capturing nature's best! Beautiful!

COMMENT 372469 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-08 10:22 PM

Very apocalyptic! It looks like the sea is on fire, kind of like what happens to parts of the Mississippi River downstream from the chemical factories. Great pix, as usual.

COMMENT 372476 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-08 10:39 PM

465 - Thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it. We are so lucky to be able to witness this regularly.

REXOFSB - It was pretty intense. Like an atom bomb went off. There were dozens of people watching it with me at the Douglas. Thanks again for all the support.

470P - C'mon you anonymous person. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. This is just me expressing my creativity and sharing the beauty of our town. Obviously it didn't look EXACTLY like that. If you had read the description, you would have seen that I said I enhanced the saturation. This is the way I choose to remember it. You can choose to remember it with more grey and dull colors if you want, but what was the point of your comment? Wasn't helpful or informative or even a critique. Just enjoy the sunset however you want and let me do the same. Thanks.

COMMENT 372486P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 01:50 AM

Not sunset photos. Cartoon of sunset.

DDPHOTOGRAPHY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:02 AM

Great captures Brian and artistic editing. Isn't it great you have the freedom & ability to create art the way you visualize it in your mind.

COMMENT 372503 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:32 AM

Nice photos!

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 07:36 AM

Brian, your photos are beautiful! Well worth framing. Pay no attention to the nay-sayers, puffing up their egos.

COMMENT 372521 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 08:15 AM

I love how your mind works, Brian!
I usually wear orange colored glasses to see the world in such brilliant colors! Gorgeous art, your rendition of the sunsets!

COMMENT 372525 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 08:30 AM

Brian. If you can, please free your mind from the residue left by the trail you blaze. Frontiers found are worlds known to others. Should you forge, create and expand your boundaries, be willing to alter, encroach and change those that already exist. You're bending the curve, knotting the fray. The medium you use has been traditionally construed as truthful. There are those who see photography only as a grasp of what's perceived real. You change that. Play, have fun, twist, explore. But remember you're doing it in a world and not just an imagination. Some of your best growth will come from the beatings you take. Pruned.

PAMSB agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 09:27 AM

When I look at a sunset I see,
Colors that are only apparent to me,
But when others see the same exact sky,
What they see is different from you and I.

But at the end of the beautiful day,
It is what it is, come what may,
And if Brian sees a darker hue,
What does it matter to me and to you?

I, for one, am amazed, in fact,
That this would be open for attack,
That one man's joy in sharing his art
Would begat another's delight in tearing it apart!

COMMENT 372557P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 10:11 AM

Everyone to one's own taste. Some artists paint with saturated colors and their works sell. Others don't, and their works sell. The good thing is the acknowledgement of adjusting the saturation up front. Thus anyone expecting natural colors, has been forewarned.

Personally, I do not like to see cyan in the sky emphasized to such a degree - but that is my taste. However, the pictures are nice to view, regardless. It is always mind-opening to view the work of others even if not to one's taste, and get from it what one can.

COMMENT 372591 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 11:50 AM

2557... I am in total accord with your thoughts on the matter. This may not be my cup of tea but it's illuminating to see someone for whom it is. Vive la difference.

COMMENT 372594 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 12:05 PM

You post a picture because you like it, Brian. Waste of time responding to those who don't. Almost as big a waste of time as commenting negatively about a picture in the first place.

38% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.