Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 57.6°F | Humidity: 100% | Pressure: 29.87in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 0.7mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15809 Subscribers
      686 Paid (4.3%)
     0 Commenters
     238 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this
CAT OF THE WEEK

Rockee
updated: Feb 09, 2013, 9:00 AM

By Edhat Subscriber

Rockee, the undercover cat, was aptly named for her exotic black mask that accentuates her slightly crossed green eyes. She rescued us 6 years ago!

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 372540 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 09:17 AM

Special kitty!

COMMENT 372555 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 09:55 AM

Needs a nail trim!

COMMENT 372558 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 10:13 AM

Need to see more of Rockee. Looks like a beaut.

COMMENT 372576 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 11:18 AM

Cute kitty!

Do owners really trim cat claws? Didn't know that.

COMMENT 372584 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 11:30 AM

Beatiful!

COMMENT 372597 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 12:35 PM

2576... yes you can trim cat claws but very carefully as there is live tissue that must be avoided.

COMMENT 372615P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 01:43 PM

You can trim them, but you don't have to. Love the picture.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 05:25 PM

Striking looking sweet girl. I clip my kitties' claws about once a month. Lucy sits quietly while Ido it and Abby thinks it's gametime and an occasion for playing/biting the nail trimmer

COMMENT 372670P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 05:32 PM

I used to have a calico Kitty. Takes me back to mine.

COMMENT 372700P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 06:50 PM

I love the effect in the pic of only one claw extended! First thing I noticed. She's beautiful and it's an artistic pic, to my simple mind.

Cat claws are so much easier than dogs'! Seem to be more often white, and you only need to take the pointy tip off. I never did my own dog. But cats should be raised with it. I didn't do it regularly.

COMMENT 372735P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-09 08:05 PM

Very sweet picture! - and I am a bird lover who trims her parrot's nails, carefully and slowly, one at a time: she doesn't much like it at all and the quick can be quite close to the end of the nail.

COMMENT 372763P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 12:24 AM

Adore that orange nose.

UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 08:14 AM

Gotta love those crossed eyes!

COMMENT 372836 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 11:07 AM

Really great photo!

COMMENT 372847P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-10 11:58 AM

Great picture. I have to trim one of my cats 'cause she doesn't retract her claws and goes clicky clicky on the hardwood floors. The other gets trimmed 'cause she gets overly enthusiastic when kneading on my lap. Neither likes the process but always get treats when we're done so they cooperate.

COMMENT 373305 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-11 01:53 PM

Love Rockee - what a great picture. Thanks for sharing!

COMMENT 374988P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-16 08:27 AM

cats need to "sharpen their claws" regularly to help them shed their nails. Those carboard cat scratcher trays are great for this, or a table leg with sisal twine tightly wrapped around it works too. New claws underneath quickly grow in to replace the shed one.

Be aware that cat claws can grow too long--I had one cat come up lame one day--one of her claws had grown so long (it never shed) it recurved and pierced her little pad! OH! did I feel badly that I hadn't noticed. A trip to the vet and she was fine and dandy. Never happened again during her long life (17 yrs).

53% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.