Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 60.4°F | Humidity: 99% | Pressure: 30.02in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 1.6mph [see map]

Free Newsletter
Advertise
  login You create the news! Send your news item to ed@edhat.com

15821 Subscribers
      685 Paid (4.3%)
     21 Commenters
     26971 Page Views

The Winehound
The Winehound

Boxtales 20 Year Anniversary Festival
Boxtales 20 Year Anniversary Festival

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

Sunset at Gaviota Pier
updated: Feb 04, 2013, 1:00 PM

By Aquaholic

Went on a photo safari with Denise Dewire yesterday. I like to call Super Bowl Sunday, the "mother of all male holidays"!...so we took advantage of the nearly empty roads and went exploring. Gaviota S.P. pier was our final destination of the day and it proved to be the best! Earlier we explored Arroyo Hondo Preserve, Jalama Beach (yes, we had a Jalama Burger!) tasted a bit of wine at Alma Rosa winery and ended our day at the Gaviota Pier for sunset..all in all a great day. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Send this picture as a postcard

# # # #

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 370690 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 01:10 PM

Y'all take some really pretty pictures - thank you. I worked all day yesterday - I'm glad that others were out doing something constructive/creative too.

COMMENT 370701 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 01:51 PM

Pretty pictures.

At the bar we went to watch the the game, there were just as many women as men. And the women were screaming at the screen louder than the men during touchdowns (and outages!)

It's a bit outdated to say it's a man's "holiday" don't you think?

COMMENT 370711 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 02:19 PM

Thanks 701-What other male holidays are there? Dont say fathers day, because, if you dont have kids....

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 02:39 PM

Ha, Ha, Ha..I like Football but not all the time and I don't consider it My Holiday...

CHERIDIANE agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 05:04 PM

Psst, I think of it as a male day, even if females are also hollering. It's all aggression and fist pumping.

The streets were quiet. You took advantage of the day beautifully. What stunningly exquisite pictures you took.

COMMENT 370795 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 06:56 PM

Really nice photos.

COMMENT 370864 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 07:07 AM

That second shot is brilliant, and I, though being male, agree with you--if I HAVE to drive to or through LA I always try to do it on Superbowl Sunday.

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 08:13 AM

Thanks RDH and all the other commenters. I worked in a male dominated field for 25 years before retiring, so I have a pretty good sense of how a man views the world. None of my co-workers were ever offended by my reference to Super Bowl Sunday, and, if I happened to be working that day, I watched right along with them.

DDPHOTOGRAPHY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 08:20 AM

Great outing we had.....especially the wine tasting. Fantastic shots you got and love that dreamy water.

But probably the best part.....A Jalama burger!! My first...but certainly not my last!!

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 08:22 AM

Thanks DD!

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 03:36 PM

Hmmmmm,- other male holidays? The day the new Victoria's Secret catalog comes out?

55% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 3 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.