Edhat
npr edvertisers
visitors movie times

Santa Barbara Weather: 74.3°F | Humidity: 56% | Pressure: 29.93in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [see map]

Free Newsletter

Advertise on Edhat

News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

ASAP Cat
updated: Feb 04, 2013, 12:43 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

Does anyone know if that cat that has been at ASAP the longest is still available for adoption? A picture of it was posted a week or two ago. Thanks

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

COMMENT 370685 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 12:48 PM

Call them.

COMMENT 370686 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 12:59 PM

No, I don't know. I'd call them and ask. That should do the trick.

CATMOM agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 01:03 PM

That was Bertha, and they reported on Facebook that she was adopted this week! There are still many other wonderful cats waiting for their forever homes. I don't know if this link will work, but if not, go to ASAP's Facebook page or web site for pictures of adoptable cats:

COMMENT 370699P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 01:49 PM

Since we're giving ASAP a plug, the best one-stop shopping for rescue pets locally is Overpass Road (off Patterson near the 101), where you'll also find the Santa Barbara Humane Society, county Animal Services, BUNS and DAWG. Hope I mentioned all the rescue organizations on this street.

COMMENT 370743 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 03:35 PM

Thanks to all for the updates and suggestions. I'm glad to hear that Bertha found a home.

COMMENT 370783 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 05:17 PM

So when refering to the ASPCA in Santa Barbara, would that be the same as The Humane Society?

COMMENT 370819P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 08:00 PM

I don't think there's an ASPCA in Santa Barbara. But there are some similarities in the full name of the national association and the local humane society.

BEACHBIKER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-04 11:22 PM

ASAP rocks!

COMMENT 370859 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 07:00 AM

There is no ASPCA in Santa Barbara. The closest thing to an ASPCA is the SB Humane Society. Good luck getting ASAP to return your calls or emails. I tried to get a response about donating and never heard back from them. Your best bet is to go out and look at the cats at the H.S. and ASAP.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 07:21 AM

Nasty comments from insecure people, ho hum, what else is new; inflate egos another way. I imagine the poster asked here because calling gets a message machine and you may,or may not, get a call back. I think we are all glad to hear Bertha found a home, nice follow-up to the posting of her being there the longest.

COMMENT 370887 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 07:55 AM

859, try calling again, or go there. ASAP is run by ALL volunteers, and they are always very, very busy taking care of cats and their potential adopters. Make some allowances for the hard working volunteers and give them another chance. ASAP is the best-run cat shelter I've seen, but they have zero office staff. Don't let one experience sour you.

COMMENT 370951 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 09:36 AM

I costs $30 to sponsor a cat at ASAP until it gets adopted. When you do, they send a colored photo of the cat that includes its name and then a post card when it is adopted. This makes a terrific birthday present for a child/grandchild.

COMMENT 371052 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 01:02 PM

I am so glad to here that Bertha was adopted - she is a beautiful kitty and deserves a furever home. ASAP is a fabulous organization. Ditto 951 - when my husband passed, in lieu of flowers I asked people to sponsor a kitty or two in his name. It was wonderful to get the pictures of the over 30 cats that were sponsored and to get notice when they had been adopted. I would go in and meet each one as I learned of them - all ended up being adopted. On one visit I locked eyes with Newman and took him home as my New Man :) - see cat of the week 12/2

CATMOM agree helpful negative off topic

2013-02-05 01:35 PM

There's a really lovely update on ASAP's Facebook page from Bertha's new owner: https://www.facebook.com/asapcats

43% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 3 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.

Comments on this thread are only open to Community Members.

# # # #